Cruise west vs Lindblad

prrsnkty

• 2 weeks later...

We have enjoyed several cruises with Lindblad and one with Cruise West:The Bering Sea. Cruise West is OK until compared with Lindblad. We found Lindblad far superior to Cruise West in the handling, loading and operating of zodiacs which is crucial to adventure travel. Also we experienced the quality and quantity of naturalists and guest lecturers on the Lindblad cruises to be above what we encountered on Cruise West.

Why did we cruise with Cruise West? Because they offered the Bering Sea itinerary and Lindblad did not. Would we travel with Cruise West again? Only if Lindblad was not an option on a similiar voyage.

What were the pluses for Cruise West? Their lovely, posh ship the Oceanus. the hotel crew, the dining room seating arrangements, the food, the very casual dress of passengers, and excellent coffee:cool: . As I said earlier: Cruise West is fine until compared with Lindblad.

• 6 months later...

We did the Wilderness Inside Passage cruise on Cruise West last June. We went in early June and had glorious weather. I understand that June and July are the best months. It was 90 one day in Juneau while we were there. Highly unusual. And we had a wonderful time. Cruise West did an awesome job. The crew was terrific. The food was delicious. The wildlife, particularly the humpback whales, was plentiful. The atmosphere was casual, which we prefer. Never been on Lindblad. But I don't think you would regret choosing Cruise West. Enjoy whichever one you choose!

Question for Cruisewest fan,

Were there any teenagers on your cruise? We have never cruised on a small ship and I am wondering how my 15 year old son will enjoy it. We are looking at the Wilderness Inside passage cruise. Thanks!

Archived