Any update on Margaritaville on the Star?

Hello! Sailing on the Star in November with my husband. Thank you to the fellow cc members for posting about the Star post dry dock. In reading those reviews, it seemed Margaritaville was not finished as of a few months ago. Does anyone have the menu, drink menu, and an update on how it is? Is the food complimentary? Thanks in advanced and happy sailing!

There is not a Margaritaville on the Star... They converted the Red Lion pub into a Jimmy Buffet themed bar called "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere". This will continue to be a bar, and not a dining venue.

Yes, it was not fully completed when it left drydock the first time, but you'd have to check with recent cruisers as to how it has since turned out.

Hello! Sailing on the Star in November with my husband. Thank you to the fellow cc members for posting about the Star post dry dock. In reading those reviews, it seemed Margaritaville was not finished as of a few months ago. Does anyone have the menu, drink menu, and an update on how it is? Is the food complimentary? Thanks in advanced and happy sailing!

Margaritaville will be on the Escape. It is the place that will have food. On the Star they have a 5 o'clock somewhere bar that does not serve food, only drinks.

6&8

5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar is open and operational as of the TA from Miami to Copenhage. Old Red Lion and is just a margarita bar, no food. Margaritas are OK. Enjoy.

Tom

Tom,

If you were on the TA, please create a post to tell us how everything went. I have heard nothing from passengers on the Star after the second drydock.

Tom,

If you were on the TA, please create a post to tell us how everything went. I have heard nothing from passengers on the Star after the second drydock.

All was as expected for a TA with a lot of new crew. They didn't have time

to shake out everything with passengers due to the azipod problem cancelling the canal trip. New carpet, new paint, new mattresses and everything looked good in the gym and spa. Crew was getting their feet under them, so there were some minor service glitches. O'Sheehan's was better in my mind than the old blue lagoon set up. Moderno is a little cramped upstairs but is ok. Had UDP so only ate in specialties and had a suite, so except for sea day sushi, lunch and breakfast in cagney's.

The ship appeared in better shape than in 2005 (although, I liked spinnaker better up front). All in all a good two weeks.

Tom