Not the Millennium Transpacific Review ... Luminae, Suite Class, etc. ...

Project_gal

Project Gal, so appreciate your review and communication in this thread!

Since you had the all-in dining package that will have soon (!!!) in an RS on the Millie, I wanted to ask:

What food, if any, is available on board that is NOT covered by the dining package?

How are the buy-up items in Olympic handled? Are they included? Is that a price+gratuity situation?

Thanks!

The RS, like the PH, have complimentary specialty dining [which, on Millennium includes both the Olympic and Qsine as well as Bistro on Five]. In a RS, it will be free to eat [virtually] anywhere on board.

The only other food at extra cost on Celebrity are certain items at the Aqua Spa Café and on the Room Service Menu plus, on some ships only, the Gastro Bar [which is not currently available on Millennium]. We did not eat in the Aqua Spa Café nor order from Room Service so I do not know if we would have been charged for the upcharge items. I understand that the Ultimate Dining Package [available if you are not lucky enough to be in a RS or PH] excludes the Gastro Bar on those ships it is available. It seems likely the package would also exclude the Aqua Spa Café and Room Service. It is my assumption [but only my assumption] that the RS and PH benefit has the same exclusions as the Ultimate Dining Package.

Of course, you will have to pay for any special meals such as the Chef's Table and Wine Connoisseurs' Dinners.

Gratuities, as always, are at your discretion but should not be ignored just because you do not pay [at point of use] for your meal. IMHO, you should tip or not in the same way as if you had paid in the normal way.

Edited by Project_gal

• 7 months later...
These look like the same meals we had in Luminae on the Constellation last April. I'm wondering if there's been changes/tweaks, etc based on customer feedback. Any recent diners care to comment or share additional menus?

Thanks.

No, exactly the same menu on our January/February 2016 cruise, I am pleased to say.