American Table/Feast Menus from Glory May 9-16, 2015

So if we went to the speciality dining room, what would the "extras" be? Baked potato and/or vegtable? Thank you for posting all the menus!

As far as I know, it's a full dinner just like the MDR, but they have different (and supposedly better) choices. The atmosphere is a little more refined and private with a smaller server to guest ratio.

I'm just going by what I have seen posted. I've never been to a specialty restaurant on any ship because I refuse to pay for what I feel should be included. But everyone is different and from what I've seen people really enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...
I cannot believe people moaned and complained about this menu! It looks superb! After so many years of the previous one, I was tickled about having the steakhouse entrees as an option but after looking over this menu - they won't be needed!

Thanks for sharing!

The menu does sound nice, but.....a nicely written menu does not necessarily translate to good quality ingredients, well executed in dishes that taste fresh and delicious. But my opinion of Carnival's food has dropped significantly over the last 6 or 7 years due to the progressively inferior offerings (compared to several years ago), so I am perhaps biased. It is nice that they have the steakhouse options, but I think the $20 surcharge is a bit high. $15 seems more reasonable.

I took pics of the menus as promised, however, I missed the dessert ones. There were a couple nights I didn't have any because I was too full. The food was very good and I love the new menus. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to answer. This was a Western itinerary.

I'm doing this from my phone, so hopefully these come out OK.

Day 1 - Embarkation Day

0d8c556a0aa58bd9001667ee1650600d.jpg8ad30da7abb97003a4c88843da7cd01a.jpg33fb021a109e7652de8f72cee4f6e463.jpg

I imagine that you did not try everything on these menus. May I ask, what items specifically from these menus did you try that you though were very good? Any that you did not like at all and why? Thanks.

I imagine that you did not try everything on these menus. May I ask, what items specifically from these menus did you try that you though were very good? Any that you did not like at all and why? Thanks.

Let me try and remember

1st night

Strawberry Bisque - LOVE the cold soups this was on old menus too

Fried Shrimp - Tempura coating I think. My favorite shrimp meal.

Chocolate Melting Cake (CMC)

2nd

Mushroom Cream Soup - Same as old menu. Yummy!!

Prime Rib - Cooked rare - nice, big, juicy piece with Baked potato on the side

No dessert

3rd

American Navy Bean Soup - same as old menu. Very good.

Baked Ziti - Mac and cheese with ham. Need I say more?

No dessert. I was the only one from our table of 7 to show up as everyone was pretty much still drunk or exhausted from our day at Mr Sanchos. I came back and slept part of it off and at least made it to dinner. I was feeling no pain, but my stomach couldn't fit any dessert!

4th

Peach Soup - another classic cold soup from the old menu.

Grilled Beef Tenderloin - cooked rare. I love my steak. It was very tender.

CMC

5th

Fried Shrimp - because shrimp is good. Old menu. Not as good as the main entree the first night, but still yummy.

Chicken Milanese - a flattened, breaded, fried chicken breast with a lemon sauce. I was very skeptical as I don't like to try new things, but it was good. Really big, but good.

CMC

6th

Pasta E Fagioli - not like Olive Garden (which I like better), but good. Old menu.

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp. They were decent sized, and not overcooked. Again, it's shrimp.

CMC

7th

Baked Onion Soup - old menu. LOVE French Onion Soup.

Prime Rib - cooked rare - old menu. I love steak. Did I already say that? Baked potato side.

CMC - I was too full but I made myself eat it - it was the last night :(

So as you can see there are quite a few things from the old menu so I can't understand at all what people are griping about. And I only pointed out the ones that I ate. I may have even missed a few that I had that are classics, but I can't remember everything.

My mom and sister didn't like the stuffed mushrooms (old menu) so didn't order those again this time.

The only things that stick out in my mind that my mom didn't like was the Mahi Mahi. She said it was too "fishy" tasting. The crab cakes had too much filling and not enough crab. They were OK, but she wouldn't order those again.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you so much for posting these menus. I am not sure why people are complaining if you cannot find something to eat on these than you must be really picky. They don't look that much different and really seems like more choices not less... I will be on the Glory in March 2016.

Thank you so much for posting these menus. I am not sure why people are complaining if you cannot find something to eat on these than you must be really picky. They don't look that much different and really seems like more choices not less... I will be on the Glory in March 2016.

Thought the same thing on the Liberty, April 2014, the only time I've had this menu. To me, many things are the same, just arranged differently on the menu, maybe different nights, different options for sides, etc. Plenty of choices for anyone.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for posting these menus! :)

The Valor is getting a much needed drydock this month, and is getting fitted with all the upgrades, including the American Table Menu.

I'll be going on a 5 day cruise this year (shortest cruise so far!), so I'm wondering what the substitution is for the Elegant Night, since lobster and filet mignon are off the table, so to speak.

The Valor is getting a much needed drydock this month, and is getting fitted with all the upgrades, including the American Table Menu.

I'll be going on a 5 day cruise this year (shortest cruise so far!), so I'm wondering what the substitution is for the Elegant Night, since lobster and filet mignon are off the table, so to speak.

I'm not sure. Possibly the 2nd elegant evening menu would be used. Glad you find the menus useful. Have a great cruise!

The only thing I remember being different on our 4 day last year was the removal of the lobster tail. I cant remember what they substituted for it but they did have prime rib so I was half happy :rolleyes:

I want to Thank You for posting the new menus. Can you still do some of the mains as starters ? Personally if you want steak, go to the StakeHouse. You get much better starters and desert then the MDR for $15 more. The steakhouse is so much nicer, the service is so much better.

I want to Thank You for posting the new menus. Can you still do some of the mains as starters ? Personally if you want steak, go to the StakeHouse. You get much better starters and desert then the MDR for $15 more. The steakhouse is so much nicer, the service is so much better.

Yes you can mix and match however you want. I did have the Steakhouse steak from the menu a few nights and it was delicious! I enjoy the MDR and didn't really need all that extra food that goes with the actual Steakhouse :)