Cape Liberty Arrival

Our cruise ended May 16 on the Liberty, and we were near the end of disembarking at 10 am. By the time we got to our car and on the road it was 11 am.

Try to get an earlier time for disembarking, or self carry with one piece of luggage, or get a porter to help with your luggage and he brings your luggage right to customs and therefore cuts to the front of the line.

Also keep in mind that the larger ships have more passengers than the Explorer did in past seasons.

I agree with DaisyL. I was on the same cruise with them. I was supposed to be in the 9-930 disembark group. It was going so slow that I decided to just get off the ship before they called my number. There was so much traffic at the curb outside the pier and loads of passengers trying to get their rides. If you are going to take a cab and want to stick with the 12 noon flight you should do the self-carry disembarkation if you can manage. Otherwise it would probably make sense to take a later flight.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We were on the May 16th cruise also. We were fortunate and received the number 4 disembark group scheduled for 8:20. We were able to leave our waiting area around 8:35 and everything moved quickly and smoothly. We were in our car by 9:00!

I would not do self-disembark unless you plan to get in line by 7am, in order to be one of the first ones off.

The schedule states self-disembark begins at 7:15am. We got to deck 4 dining room (the waiting area) at 7:30am and were directed to the line beginning just outside the automatic doors. They would not allow any more people into the dining room waiting area as it was 'full'. Everyone was directed outside.

This line went out the sliding doors and past the bump out, down to the back of the ship, and back up to the sliding doors on the other side of the ship. We waited for approximately 45 minutes in 52 degree weather. We got to our car at about 8:30am.

In the future, I would check luggage. It looked like the majority of passengers did self-disembark and it was not worth lining up and waiting outside in the weather when we could have been sitting in a lounge.

You will probably be off by 10:30am at the latest but traffic was bad leaving the port area.

I agree with DaisyL. I was on the same cruise with them. I was supposed to be in the 9-930 disembark group. It was going so slow that I decided to just get off the ship before they called my number. There was so much traffic at the curb outside the pier and loads of passengers trying to get their rides. If you are going to take a cab and want to stick with the 12 noon flight you should do the self-carry disembarkation if you can manage. Otherwise it would probably make sense to take a later flight.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I was also on this cruise, 8:45-9 am disembarkation. Did not get off until 9:30, picked up luggage, through customs in about 20 minutes, and like left write said sooo much traffic waiting for rides, took our limo driver about 20 minutes to get to us. We had an early flight once and I was very stressed over worrying if I would get off in time, not worth it in my opinion. So, for years now we only cruise from NJ or NY so we can drive from Ct.

Marg

Has anyone cruised from Cape Liberty? What time are passengers usually off the ship? Is a 12:00 flight out of Newark too early if we are planning to take a cab to the airport?

Save yourself some anxiety. Try to get a later flight.:)