QM2 - Twin Bed question

Cunard Cruiser

Hi

Ernie posted a picture of a B6 cabin with twin beds in a different thread. I noticed that the beds were not fully made (with a bedspread). Could any one tell me if this is true for different cabin grades with twin beds.

I always like a bed made during the day.

Thanks much

The housekeeping standards are the same for all categories on QM2 until you get to the suites. I'm quite certain my cabin had bedspreads, but the cabin stewardess choose not to use them (or they were not designed for twins). It didn't bother my brother and I so we never mentioned it. If you like the bedspread used everyday, I'm sure if you ask your cabin steward/ess will comply.

The only thing I'm not certain of is if the bedspreads are made for twins as well as queen size? All my friends onboard had their beds in a queen size arrangement, and all were made up everyday with a bedspread. I didn't see any on twin beds, but then again I didn't see twin beds except in my own cabin.

When we first arrived in the cabin on day one, the bed was made up as a queen and also with a bedspread. We asked the cabin stewardess (who was very good BTW) to separate the beds. She did, but that was also the last we saw of the bedspread.

Ernie

Ernie: we like our beds separated whenever we are on cruises. What we have requested is that the beds, during the day, are pushed together with the bedspread to be a queen. Then, in the evening they are separated. Both beds are made up as twins. This has never been a problem. Just a little moving of the beds about 8" or so apart. The problem is trying to explain this to the room attendant!

BTW, thanks for all your information re Delta....(we lived in Atlanta for 18 years and Delta was our choice airline too!) It is a shame that today is their sad day, but I am sure that they will bounce back and it may take time.

Grace

Archived