Thanks Cruisinsubman

GeAu01

We are booked for July in Bergen and have been following the many comments for weeks. We have been looking forward to this trip for the past year because the Viking River cruise we took last year was fantastic. It was our first cruise despite travelling the world for the past 35 years. Last week we debated trying to get out of the coming cruise due to the negatives we read on cruisecritic. We took some time this week to list the good and the bad and came to the conclusion that many of the negatives applied to very specific events that really don't apply to us or are minimal and will probably be worked out by July. After being on the fence we decided that Cruisin Subman seems to have the best handle on things and have decided to stay the course. Maybe because my wife and I were both were in the military we kind of feel that we can roll with the punches like cruisinsubman and still have a great vacation. Probably even more so than the cruisinsubman since we were Army instead of Navy. Plus on the low points we can rely on the Silver Spirits Package to get us through. Thanks CruisinSubman...Go Navy

We are booked for July in Bergen and have been following the many comments for weeks. We have been looking forward to this trip for the past year because the Viking River cruise we took last year was fantastic. It was our first cruise despite travelling the world for the past 35 years. Last week we debated trying to get out of the coming cruise due to the negatives we read on cruisecritic. We took some time this week to list the good and the bad and came to the conclusion that many of the negatives applied to very specific events that really don't apply to us or are minimal and will probably be worked out by July. After being on the fence we decided that Cruisin Subman seems to have the best handle on things and have decided to stay the course. Maybe because my wife and I were both were in the military we kind of feel that we can roll with the punches like cruisinsubman and still have a great vacation. Probably even more so than the cruisinsubman since we were Army instead of Navy. Plus on the low points we can rely on the Silver Spirits Package to get us through. Thanks CruisinSubman...Go Navy

Wow, your kind words are very nice and appreciated. I think you have demonstrated exactly what I think you have to do with information, positive or negative: filter it and balance it against your interests. Its even more awesome in your case since you had to overcome the bias and stereotypes that your Army orientation would have taught you to apply to anything a Sailor says.

But seriously, don't just thank me. All of us 50 dayers and also all the other commenters on other segments and even those who have boarded recently in Bergen have all helped contribute to the information available. We have also helped fix a lot of things. So I point you at all of us. It is a collective effort. I also think that one purpose we all have is to help others like you make their decisions and also to better ensure they have a great cruise. I am certain you will!

Fair winds and following seas!