Upsell Fairy Called

abbyar

Does anyone know if the PP price of the upsell fairy includes KSF? Wondering if I have to pay these prices x2 or x4.

For Gem sailing to Port Canaveral/Bahamas May 30th. Dh, me, and a 5 and 7 yo.

Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite $1500 pp

Haven Courtyard Penthouse $1000 pp

2 Bedroom Family Suite $750 pp

Penthouse with Large Balcony $500 pp

I'd like to do the 2 bedroom but didn't want to pay more than $750, forget $1500 or $3000. For the $3000 I could have booked it originally for less.

Ok, now I'm wavering to the 2 bedroom. Dh will probably freak as the $1500 is our entire week at Disney at the end of August, but I want this trip to be special. If we have to cancel free dining to do this, than I will.

Oh, and price is for first 2 occupants. So $2900 + $1500 upgrade = $4400 for 2 bedroom - about the same price as the penthouse I booked for Feb 2017.

I just got an upgrade email too. We sail Getaway in 9 days! :D :D

They're asking:

Haven 2-bedroom family (H4) - $1000 per person

Haven Courtyard Penthouse (H5) - $750 per person

There's 2 of us; me and my teenage son. Not sure what do to!! Are the balconies small in these suites? Advice? The most I'd pay is $500. On hold now....

Ok, now I'm wavering to the 2 bedroom. Dh will probably freak as the $1500 is our entire week at Disney at the end of August, but I want this trip to be special. If we have to cancel free dining to do this, than I will.

Oh, and price is for first 2 occupants. So $2900 + $1500 upgrade = $4400 for 2 bedroom - about the same price as the penthouse I booked for Feb 2017.

SORRY! The penthouse would be nice too. I don't want DH hunting me down at sailaway! :o

I just got an upgrade email too. We sail Getaway in 9 days! :D :D

They're asking:

Haven 2-bedroom family (H4) - $1000 per person

Haven Courtyard Penthouse (H5) - $750 per person

There's 2 of us; me and my teenage son. Not sure what do to!! Are the balconies small in these suites? Advice? The most I'd pay is $500. On hold now....

Website's showing 3 H5s (only). I don't think you're going to have much luck negotiating a lower price this far out with such limited inventory. FWIW, if you can afford it, I'd say the H4 is way better for you and your son than the H5, which is just a glorified balcony cabin. In the H4 each of you would get your own sleeping cabin plus you get a living room too. If you can only afford H5s or that's all they have, I think you'd be better off saving your money for another time.

Both cabins have small balconies -- the H4 is no bigger than all the other side balconies on the ship. The H5 is a little bigger, but not by much.

Website's showing 3 H5s (only). I don't think you're going to have much luck negotiating a lower price this far out with such limited inventory. FWIW, if you can afford it, I'd say the H4 is way better for you and your son than the H5, which is just a glorified balcony cabin. In the H4 each of you would get your own sleeping cabin plus you get a living room too. If you can only afford H5s or that's all they have, I think you'd be better off saving your money for another time.

Both cabins have small balconies -- the H4 is no bigger than all the other side balconies on the ship. The H5 is a little bigger, but not by much.

Thanks for your reply. Still on hold with them....25 minutes and counting...

We've done this twice now with the KSF promo and both times we did not pay for the kids, just the two of us. This last time we went from a balcony to a 2 bedroom for $1000 pp. We called back a week later when they lowered the prices more and were abale to upgrade again to the Haven 2 bedroom for no more money. Can't wait to try it out in 3 more days!

Edited by home-mom

I was on hold yesterday for about 40 minutes. They told me the $pp was for the two adults in the room so for us an upgrade to a 2 bedroom family suite would have been $750 x 2 = $1500. The penthouse didn't interest us as it's basically just more space plus some services we probably wouldn't use. I was pretty keen on on the 2 bedroom because To me it's worth the extra dough to have the kids in another room. My husband was totally against it so it was a no go.

So by reading this thread it looks like I should start watching a couple of weeks out for our july cruise?

Yep. For Getaway, if you're going to get an upsell email, it looks like they go out the Monday 12 days before Saturday departures.

Here are a couple of other threads that discuss upsells:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2194609 (check out FidoChuckwagon's post on page 2 that refers to a Getaway upsell)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2205363

Edit: Don't know why I thought you said Getaway. :-)

Edited by Cruise4Real

I was on hold yesterday for about 40 minutes. They told me the $pp was for the two adults in the room so for us an upgrade to a 2 bedroom family suite would have been $750 x 2 = $1500. The penthouse didn't interest us as it's basically just more space plus some services we probably wouldn't use. I was pretty keen on on the 2 bedroom because To me it's worth the extra dough to have the kids in another room. My husband was totally against it so it was a no go.

May I ask which room you were tying to upgrade from ?

I got an email 5 days prior and called 15 minutes later. I was told there was nothing available. I called again 2 days prior to embarkation, there was limited availability and the upsell prices had dropped. I made a counter offer and they accepted it. Dawn to Bermuda - we originally had a true aft balcony and took a family suite with balcony. They originally wanted $750pp and we got it for $400pp. The extra floor space and breakfast/lunch at Cagney's is what sold me.

Edited by fridaythe13th