Cancel question

BopRN

I booked a cruise with Early Saver for August. My final payment is due May 26th. I am in the middle of an unexpected health situation and am awaiting results of some tests which will determine whether we can cruise in Aug. I will receive results on May 26...final payment date.

My question is....everything says to "cancel by final payment date". Can I cancel ON May 26th or does it have to be BEFORE?

I do know there is a $50/pp penalty with ES but the rest of the deposit will be held for a later cruise. I just don't want to give them the whole final payment if it looks like we can't go. Sometimes the cruise lines get very particular about the wording of their policies.

I booked a cruise with Early Saver for August. My final payment is due May 26th. I am in the middle of an unexpected health situation and am awaiting results of some tests which will determine whether we can cruise in Aug. I will receive results on May 26...final payment date.

My question is....everything says to "cancel by final payment date". Can I cancel ON May 26th or does it have to be BEFORE?

I do know there is a $50/pp penalty with ES but the rest of the deposit will be held for a later cruise. I just don't want to give them the whole final payment if it looks like we can't go. Sometimes the cruise lines get very particular about the wording of their policies.

I am almost certain that the day that your final payment is due is the day you are in the penalty period.

If you cancel on the 25th or before you would lose the $50pp like you stated and they hold the rest.

Once in the penalty period you would lose your whole deposit.

Here's hoping you get great news and don't have to cancel.:)

Bill

did you contact Carnival or your TA (if you used a TA) to see what they say about when you need to cancel. Yes, you will lose the $50/person and the remainder will be available for use up to 24 months

I would call and ask if you could have some extra time to make final payment say a few days and explain why and you should be ok.

I always purchase insurance, but I usually wait until we are sure we are going, booking flights, etc. Missed the boat this time since this all came up in the last 3 weeks. Lesson learned!

I will call Carnival & ask for an extension...good suggestion. As you all know, asking any cruise line rep for details on the rules is so unreliable. But I will see if they will extend the date. Thanks.