Where's Princess Cay in 2017?

msmoger

Am I missing something? I see Princess Cay on only a few of the 2017 Caribbean itineraries. Any idea why?

Maybe the Carnival Corp. brands are going to be consolidating the "private" islands? :confused:

Look at the itineraries. Several include a new port. Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. Looks like Carnival Corp has spent a lot of money creating an updated cruise terminal. Google it, there are a lot of articles.

Look at the itineraries. Several include a new port. Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. Looks like Carnival Corp has spent a lot of money creating an updated cruise terminal. Google it, there are a lot of articles.

So I wonder what this means for Princess Cay? From the articles I've read it seems that Amber Cove is a cruise terminal, not a private beach. I'm not complaining about Princess adding new ports, just wondering if they plan on phasing out Princess Cay. It would hardly seem economical to maintain it if only a few Princess ships will include it in their itineraries. I know there are those that disagree, but we enjoy Princess Cay. If it's to be eliminated I would hope they would add another private island/beach.

The Southern going to all three of the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, & Curacao) looks interesting to me for a January cruise. :)

LuLu

:)

Those ports of call were part of our very best Princess cruise several years ago. Embarked from San Juan.

Princess does not appear to have a ship sailing the Caribbean out of Houston or Galveston in 2016/17. Also, Princess Cays does appear on many, but not all of the Royal and Regal Princess itineraries in 2016/17. As others have mentioned, Amber Cove is sometimes substituted. The Caribbean Princess seems to miss out on the "cruise ports/private beach" experience all together with the exception of one stop at Amber Cove over the Christmas cruise. I guess that to offer the Aruba/Curacao/Bonaire stops but still keep the turnaround days on the weekends, the Southern Caribbean itinerary only has time for 4 sea days and not a fourth port. The Western itinerary is then limited to 6 days total, and while I might argue that Princess Cays has more value than the Jamaican ports, those making this decision obviously felt differently.

The Western itinerary is then limited to 6 days total, and while I might argue that Princess Cays has more value than the Jamaican ports, those making this decision obviously felt differently.

I'm with you. ;)