Carnival's Operator in Cabo San Lucas?

Laurie S.

Anyone know which shop Carnival uses in Cabo San Lucas? We don't get in until noon and so we figured we wouldn't be able to dive that day, but Carnival just listed a two-tank certified dive for that day.

We're going with Manta Scuba on the second day.

Laurie,

I don't know for sure, but usually all the cruise lines use the same operator in a given port. Celebrity used Cabo Adventures (http://www.cabo-adventures.com). I've dove independently and on ship's excursions in ports all over. This is one operator I would advise you to AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. I saw unsafe equipment, compounded by unsafe practices on the part of the staff. Those were the issues that resulted in Celebrity refunding the cost of our excursion. Lesser issues were huge boats with huge numbers of people. As much as I like to dive, I'd never go with them again, under any circumstance.

Hopefully you'll be able to find out if they're Carnival's operator, as I don't have any other suggestions for Cabo.

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks, no, you're right, I don't want to dive with them. I just found out that Manta offers a two-tank afternoon dive starting at 1 pm. I've contacted them and, hopefully, we can do two days of diving with them.

No, but I've heard very good things about them. I've dived with Baja Dive twice. The first time was in 2010 and I loved it. We went back last fall, but it was a new owner and we were rather unhappy with the divemaster and the mistakes made. So, we'll try Manta this time.

• 1 month later...