Carnival Pride 9A

I'm looking for help from anyone who's booked a 9a on Carnival Pride before. It's a premium balcony obstructed view. I recently read an AMAZING review on these boards from somebody in a 9b, but unfortunately those are sold out for the cruise I want to book. Both 9a cabins are still available though (5241 & 5243). I want to know just HOW obstructed the balconies are. Is it like some of the other obstructed balconies on Pride and it's just looking down that the lifeboat is in your way, or is it looking out as well? I tried searching these forums as well as Googling pics of the cabins, but just didn't quite see what I was looking for. Any input would be greatly helpful, pictures from a balcony in either of those rooms would be perfect :D. Thanks in advance Cruise Critics!

Only cabins on deck 4 are truly "obstructed" by the lifeboats.

The obstruction on deck 5 will be from the rigging of the lifeboat supports at about balcony level. You will literally look right down on them but the straight out obstruction should be minimal.

I've stayed in the 9B on deck 7 and am booked in another 9B on deck 8 this October. I will try to find some of my pictures taken straight down to see if they show the perspective of deck 5. Try looking for other extended balcony photos (8h or 8k I think) on deck 5. The obstruction should be similar.

I think the 9a/9b category is a great bump up from an extended balcony without going full suite.

As I said, I'll see what else I can find to help you out as soon as I get a few more minutes.