Land&Sea through Disney versus on own

schmenge12

It has been a while since I have been to the experts, but we would like to now take a Disney cruise with our 4 and 10 year old.(have been on RCCL and Princess w/o kids before)

When I priced the 4 nt cruise / 3 nt land package, the price seemed to come out significantly more than if I would book seperately. Seemed to me that I could save many hundred dollars by booking at a nice Lake Buena Vista area hotel, renting a car for the whole week, and parking a car at the dock during the cruise. (Note: theme park tickets were not included in any of this.)

Any suggestions on what I may be missing? Thanks for your help.

Alan

Generally, staying anywhere offsite is cheaper than staying onsite. Keep in mind that you will need to add the daily parking fee to your comparison of the two. And then those pesky park tickets; they are a large expense.

With a Land/Sea, you check in once, and your room key on land is the same room key at sea. That's basically the biggest perk.

I normally book myself and clients separately, even if they stay onsite. You don't have to match the resort to the stateroom category, and you can take advantage of any WDW package specials (which you canNOT do on a Land/Sea package).

Have fun! :)

Archived