Juice for medical reasons?

Perez1992

I have to drink sugar free cranberry juice mixed with water through out the day to keep my body functioning right will bringing on cranberry juice counts as all of my non alcoholic carry one will they allow it as extra to the given allotment of twelve drinks?

For a more accurate answer contact the Special Needs Dept.

Link with more info and email address:

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/dietary-needs.aspx

Don't be surprised if they tell you that you can purchase Cranberry juice onboard.

Wouldnt think they would offer sugar free as there wouldnt be much demand for it.

You can purchase powdered cranberry mix that is sugar free. That would be easier to travel with and is cheaper than premixed.

Just google it, there are several manufacturers.

I would absolutely not count on them having that on the ship. I mean they "could" but they may not. Since it's something you need, I would call the special needs department and alert them that you will be bringing it on the ship with you so they won't try to stop you. Also get a doctor's note so that the port officials will know why you have it as well.

I'm sure the ship has cranberry juice, but sugar free is not likely. I just wouldn't count on it.

I would absolutely not count on them having that on the ship. I mean they "could" but they may not. Since it's something you need, I would call the special needs department and alert them that you will be bringing it on the ship with you so they won't try to stop you. Also get a doctor's note so that the port officials will know why you have it as well.

I'm sure the ship has cranberry juice, but sugar free is not likely. I just wouldn't count on it.

....and even if they do - it would cost a fortune paying by the glass, compared to just bringing it along! ;)

....and even if they do - it would cost a fortune paying by the glass, compared to just bringing it along! ;)

Exactly! And with my luck, if I needed something and I was counting on it, they would have some freak shortage of it the week I was cruising. No way I would rely on the ship having it :)

You can purchase powdered cranberry mix that is sugar free. That would be easier to travel with and is cheaper than premixed.

Just google it, there are several manufacturers.

Good idea but could the process of reducing it to a dehydrated powder potentially destroy some of its nutrients?

Something they might want to research just to be safe if its critical to their health.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

$6+tip. Juice is part of the Bottomless Bubbles package.

Regular cranberry juice is available at no charge during breakfast. I usually go to the buffet and fill a few of my travel mugs with juice to have throughout the day. I have also ordered in the dining room but my husband has a fit when I am pouring it in my mug at the table.😊 I know you can have special things for special diets as long as you request it when you are submitting your info like travel details and credit card for ship account. They may allow you to bring it on instead of water . I would take some just in case. Good Luck check out my travel blog at http://www.atouristlife.com

Try not to take it personally. There are always people on here who will twist what you say even if you haven't done or said anything wrong. On one occasion I had broken my arm on a cruise and came on here to ask a question and I was accused of trying to sue carnival, which by the way I never did or even considered.

Anyway I would call the special needs department and speak to them. Perhaps they could do something like have it available at one bar on the ship and let you use bottomless bubbles for it. I expect they will try to work something out for you.

Truth be told I could just drink the stuff with the sugar but that much juice makes me gain weight .. Will just get the free stuff and stock up on it maybe in water bottles what do you think?

Please confirm with Special Needs Dept that it is available at the buffet at no cost. I did NOT see any cranberry juice in the buffet area on our Victory cruise a few weeks ago.

I just don't want you plan for it to be there....and then find it's not once on board! [emoji15]

Edited by happy cruzin

Try not to take it personally. There are always people on here who will twist what you say even if you haven't done or said anything wrong. On one occasion I had broken my arm on a cruise and came on here to ask a question and I was accused of trying to sue carnival, which by the way I never did or even considered.

Ha! That happened to me too. I got injured on a Carnival sponsored cruise tour (took me 3 years to heal from that BTW), and when I mentioned it (and posted pictures) people accused me of being sue happy and told me it was probably my own fault I got injured, etc etc. Mean bunch of people here sometimes (not all, just some). I never sued, but was under medical care for the full 3 years.

Edited by Lisichka