Pre Cruise Car Rental FLL

HUNKY

Does anyone have experience with using Budget car rental for a one-way rental from the Fort Lauderdale airport, dropping off at the Port Everglades location? In particular, how was the shuttle service? At Port Canaveral, I have dropped off luggage and passengers at the ship before returning the car.

Does anyone have experience with using Budget car rental for a one-way rental from the Fort Lauderdale airport, dropping off at the Port Everglades location? In particular, how was the shuttle service? At Port Canaveral, I have dropped off luggage and passengers at the ship before returning the car.

We've used the Budget location on 17th Street to drop off a rental we got at FLL...very easy.

Personally I see no need to hassel the traffic of dropping off luggage before returning the car.

Edited by Ashland

I have done this exact thing, your original plan, and highly recommend it. Easy Peasy. There is only one shuttle bus, so depending on how many different ships are in port the turnaround time will vary.

Give yourself more time than you think you'll need and you'll be fine. This past January I was leaving Port Everglades on a Monday, a relatively slow day for that port in January. We did, however, get caught up in a traffic jam for one of the other terminals and the shuttle driver apologized for not dropping me off at my terminal first. There were only 4 other people on the shuttle with me and they all were going to the pier that was backed up.

Still a great experience as I had built in lots of time for just this type of thing.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

• 5 months later...

We rented a car rental at Ft. Lauderdale Airport before our cruise, thinking as advertised that they have a shuttle to the Port. The agent said that shuttle is at another location near the Port, not at the airport Location. The agent said we can pay a drop off fee of $100 to return our car rental to the location where they have the Shuttle to the Port. I will not use Budget, but use the other the other car rental companies, that we have used in the past, that have shuttles to the Port without additional cost.