Monitor

caltnl

Are the TV's in the Staterooms monitors that I would be able to hook my Mac Mini up to?

Maybe. There are flat screens in every cabin but the ability to hook up laptops, cameras, etc., has been a mixed bag of success to failure. Problem is that there is no standard model used throughout the fleet so what works on say the Oosterdam may not work on the Maasdam. To make things even more complicated it's quite often the case that the exact same model isn't even used throughout a given ship. Makes saying what connection points/inputs are available and accessible hard.

Are the TV's in the Staterooms monitors that I would be able to hook my Mac Mini up to?

Maybe. There are flat screens in every cabin but the ability to hook up laptops, cameras, etc., has been a mixed bag of success to failure. Problem is that there is no standard model used throughout the fleet so what works on say the Oosterdam may not work on the Maasdam. To make things even more complicated it's quite often the case that the exact same model isn't even used throughout a given ship. Makes saying what connection points/inputs are available and accessible hard.

To add to what Randy said - most of the TVs are mounted in such a way that getting to the back of the TV is nearly impossible and even when you can, you would need a mirror to find the plugs you would need.

MaasdamTV.jpg

Back of the TV on the Maasdam recently.

Edited by richwmn

To add to what Randy said - most of the TVs are mounted in such a way that getting to the back of the TV is nearly impossible and even when you can, you would need a mirror to find the plugs you would need.

MaasdamTV.jpg

Back of the TV on the Maasdam recently.

I'd add that on the Oosterdam they'd added an aftermarket brace to keep the flat screen fron flopping over during rough seas. Problem was you could get the the back of the flat screen but the brace was installed in such a way that you couldn't raise the access panel to get to the inputs. No idea what kind of cable connections were under the cover.

Amazed that richwmn has a photo of all the stiff at the back of the TV - and can find it!

I took it because of having this question come up many times over the years. In all honesty, I took it in late March and it is still on the memory card in the camera.

That made it easy to find.

Rich