May 10 Carnival Dream Review

stobe1

We never splurge for the spa which is why I'm curious about port prices bc I know they tend to be cheaper. Just looking for specifics to help with my budgeting. Thanks!

Edited by Sthrncrusr
I thought he was responding to me but it was another post

Do you happen to remember any of the port day spa special prices? We too are thinking of staying on the boat one of the stops....thanks!

I don't remember specific prices, but they were substantially cheaper than sea days.

Great review. We're looking at Dream for February and, in particular, a cove balcony. Based on your itinerary (which will be the same in February), should we book port or starboard side?

I don't know how to answer that. Our cabin was 2419 which was starboard side. I don't know that it will make much of a difference either way, honestly.

If you are asking because you want to be facing the pier on port days, it varies which side is facing the pier based on several factors such as pier availability, captain's preferences, company/port procedures, etc...

In our cabin, we were facing the pier in New Orleans and Montego Bay.

Edited by stobe1

Cozumel – Every time we go to Cozumel, we go to Nachi Cocum and this trip was no different. As always, it was quiet, serene, not crowded and the drinks and food was great and the service was excellent. I would move there if I could.

This is OUR favorite excursion too!! We have done it twice so far. First time we did parasailing and it was awesome.....This time our DD(9) is going, so thinking of maybe dolphin excursion. Any recommendations?

Thanks for posting a review! I'm currently booked in 2392 in August, which is on the other side of the ship and one door down. Did you notice a lot of noise from the galley above you? I didn't realize it was directly above when I booked (although, to be honest, I probably still would have booked this room since I really want to have the cove balcony :D).

• 1 month later...
I don't know how to answer that. Our cabin was 2419 which was starboard side. I don't know that it will make much of a difference either way, honestly.

If you are asking because you want to be facing the pier on port days, it varies which side is facing the pier based on several factors such as pier availability, captain's preferences, company/port procedures, etc...

In our cabin, we were facing the pier in New Orleans and Montego Bay.

If you want to be in your cove balcony for the sailaway from New Orleans, from the port side will see New Orleans and the French Quarter.

• 1 month later...

Great review. I was so excited to see you had cove balcony 2419. My husband and I will have that room next March. It seems every time I read another thread about coves people are complaining about noise.

I have purchased FTTF for the first time for our upcoming cruise. Our last cruise out of NO was easy peasy but the lines for Guest Services was always out of control on the Conquest. I'm sure it won't be the worst $60 I've ever spent. ;)

Do you happen to have a picture of the room?

Great review. We're looking at Dream for February and, in particular, a cove balcony. Based on your itinerary (which will be the same in February), should we book port or starboard side?

My family is booked in February, but we have the Roatan and Belize itinerary.

Thank you for a wonderful review. I saw that you were from Little Rock and stayed in a cove balcony and I said to my wife, that's us. How did we get on a cruise so quickly. We aren't going until 10/9/16 so great reviews like yours keep us sane (or at least the appearance of sanity). Glad that you liked the cove. We are looking forward to it. We are staying on the North Side of Lake Pontchartrain in Hammond to save on Hotel costs and then just cross the bridge early in the morning.

I guess I got on here just to hear myself type because for the life of me, I can't think of anything to ask.

Actually, I do, we are going to have 2 young kids with us and are considering of getting FTTF simply so we don't have to drag the bags and kids around upon boarding. Do you recommend this?

Thanks STOBE1

(Can you help me with a flight to Miami for our next cruise? :rolleyes: