Paradise Boarding Time in Tampa

fatnlovinit

Hello - we're about to set sail in about a week for our first cruise! We'll be on the Paradise out of Tampa. On the Carnival site it mentions the embarkation hours in Tampa are 1-3, but I'm seeing reviews and posts of people getting on the boat earlier (like 11-12). We purchased the FTTF, so I was curious about when we should actually arrive and try to board. Any suggestions?

I would get there early. Maybe 10 or so, as you want to benefit as much as possible by having FTTF. You will be ahead of the rush. You may have to wait a little while, but it is a nice facility. I took Paradise last Dec and had a wonderful time. Great ship and staff, great food too.

I see you are from GA. If you are driving in, I recommend this for parking your car. Less than a 10 minute drive. They have transfers to and from the ship. About $8.00 or so a day. Quite convenient. Happy sailing.

http://www.theparkingdoctors.com/

I'm sailing Paradise tomorrow and got the same email from Carnival. I have FTTF also. From my research here on CC, Jay Sam is giving you good advice to ignore the times on the email. The cruise terminal will open around 9:15am and Embarkation really seems to start around 11:30ish. I plan to arrive around 10-10:30 at the port depending on Monday's holiday traffic since I want to take full advantage of FTTF to get to the Lido early for lunch before the crowds. Have a great cruise!

They usually don't start boarding the wedding parties until about 11 A.M., and then the Diamond, and FTTF etc. follow after that. If you get to the pier before that, you'll have an extended wait in the terminal.

I concur with Jay about parking off site. There are two good parking spots very close to the terminal, and for about 1/2 the price of terminal parking. Both 241 Car Service, or parking doctors are very good.

Have a GREAT cruise, and leave a few beers on the ship. I'll be doing her again in September. :cool:

"SKY"

I sailed on Paradise 5/11, arrived at 10:15 and check in was a breeze however boarding did not start until shortly after 12 noon. Wedding, platinum and diamonds first followed by FTTF. The wedding party was very large and it held up the rest. I will sail her again but next time I won't be in such a big hurry to arrive at the port.

Hope you have a great cruise.:)

I'm sailing Paradise tomorrow and got the same email from Carnival. I have FTTF also. From my research here on CC, Jay Sam is giving you good advice to ignore the times on the email. The cruise terminal will open around 9:15am and Embarkation really seems to start around 11:30ish. I plan to arrive around 10-10:30 at the port depending on Monday's holiday traffic since I want to take full advantage of FTTF to get to the Lido early for lunch before the crowds. Have a great cruise!

Glad I gave good advice. I get there later than that as I haven't had FTTF but thought, as long as they can board quickly, 10A seems good. Probably like you mentioned 1030A may be better.

Have a great time on Paradise. I sure did last Dec.

...I'm sailing Paradise tomorrow...The cruise terminal will open around 9:15am and Embarkation really seems to start around 11:30ish...

As the voice of Carnival Cruise Lines here at Port Tampa Bay I will add that this is precisely correct. However and sadly Captain Carnival will not be making any boarding announcements tomorrow as my Dad passed away yesterday.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Captain Carnival

As the voice of Carnival Cruise Lines here at Port Tampa Bay I will add that this is precisely correct. However and sadly Captain Carnival will not be making any boarding announcements tomorrow as my Dad passed away yesterday.

Have a great cruise!

Sorry about your dad and hope you're back soon.

Real sorry to hear that, Cap'n. Will you be back by the 4th?

Thank You guys and YES I shall be back out in the middle of the seating gallery entertaining and making the boarding announcements again starting tomorrow Saturday, May 30th!

Yay! I can be all like, "I kinda know that guy!" and you can feel all famous and stuff. :D

• 1 month later...