Galveston luggage drop off question

mattp420

How early can we drop the luggage off with the porters at the Carnival terminal? My wife and I are driving in from Houston and were thinking about getting there early to drop off luggage and walk the Seawall before check in time. TIA!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!! That sounds perfect. We usually drive up from Houston a day early to hang in Galveston so it will be nice to get our fix in the morning before we board.

Edited by mattp420

Good idea to drop luggage off hours before planning to board. We sail out of Galveston next Jan and I am just starting to seriously look at hotels. Due to another trip that will keep us out of the country until the holidays I realized yesterday I need to book my Galveston hotel in the next 3 weeks.

Can you walk to the Galveston port from a hotel? It has been a while since we were there but I recall there was a street with restaurants and bars within walking distance of the cruise terminal.

There are two hotels within walking distance - Harbor House and the Tremont Hotel - both in the Downtown Historic Strand area.

There are numerous restaurants in the area on Post Office, Strand, 20th, 25th and other streets. Check out Galveston.com

None are like walking across the street as it is a port area, but it is doable.