ISO Divina Mediterranean 2015 reviews

dbkk4

Has anyone sailed in May 2015 in Mediterranean cruise that has written or could summarize their experience? Sailing June 13th. Would like to know more about dining, shows, theme nights, etc.

Thanks in advance.

The Divina hasn't taken her first 2015 Med cruise yet. She's due to sail May 27th to start the Med season. I'm hoping all goes well because we're sailing her from Barcelona on the 10th of June!

I think we'll be relying on you for the first review of this year LOL!

We just got back after a 7 day cruise (May16-23) from Rome. Overall very good impressions except a few minor details. Loved the food in the dining room!!! Lots of choices and European flavors, we had an early seating at 6.45pm and were usually finished around 8.30-8.45. We lucked out with an excellent, cheerful server. Our cabin stewart was also very efficient, kind and helpful, no communication issues whatsoever, we even got a few towel animals:)

I will write a more detailed review later. In the meantime you are welcome to ask questions.

We just got back after a 7 day cruise (May16-23) from Rome. Overall very good impressions except a few minor details. Loved the food in the dining room!!! Lots of choices and European flavors, we had an early seating at 6.45pm and were usually finished around 8.30-8.45. We lucked out with an excellent, cheerful server. Our cabin stewart was also very efficient, kind and helpful, no communication issues whatsoever, we even got a few towel animals:)

I will write a more detailed review later. In the meantime you are welcome to ask questions.

Good to hear. Really looking forward to seeing your review :)

Really? I stand corrected. I remember seeing the Divina's schedule and thinking late May before the first sailing. I'm sorry for steering the OP wrong. Glad to hear all went well!

Can't wait to see your review. Were there any theme nights? I am getting ready to pack so wanted to know attire for dining room especially formal nights or theme nights.

Also, did they offer vouchers purchase for drinks? If so, when did you purchase them.

Thank you again.

Can't wait to see your review. Were there any theme nights? I am getting ready to pack so wanted to know attire for dining room especially formal nights or theme nights.

Also, did they offer vouchers purchase for drinks? If so, when did you purchase them.

Thank you again.

I'd like to know about the attire too. In the Caribbean, it was pretty low key. There were some very nicely dressed (formal) couples, but I noticed most of the ship was not dressed formally. I'm wondering if it will be different in the Med.

Regarding the drink vouchers - you can get them at the guest services desk when you board (or throughout the cruise). However, I suggest you call MSC and order them over the phone before your cruise. It will save you 15%.

There were 2 formal nights and an Italian and 70-ies themed evening. I would say for dinner people dressed similarly as on any Caribbean cruise, nice cocktail dresses, pant suites, blazers and pants with or without a tie for men, very casually for the day. I didn't see anyone wearing a tux. For an Italian evening it was suggested to wear Italian flag colours but very few people complied:)

We travelled with another couple and each of us bought a 7 bottle wine package, which included 3 red, 3 white and a Prosecco (sparkling wine) plus 7 bottles of water(still or sparkling). The package cost 115 euro plus tax, 132 euro total, about 30% savings over a la carte prices. It was offered at embarkation before you even reached the check in counter (along with other drink packages). Since bookings from North America had already 1l of free water with dinner (a red dot on your cruise card), we used our water coupons for the cabin consumption or brought ashore for the day (picked it up from the buffet bar in the morning).

I'm following this thread. We're sailing June 10th and was wondering about dress code. Looks like FAQ says no jeans in the evening. I have no problem dressing up a bit for formal nights but was wondering about everything else. We have out tours booked and plan on bringing a lightweight day pack for sweaters, water and purse stuff. Looking forward to it!

I'm following this thread. We're sailing June 10th and was wondering about dress code. Looks like FAQ says no jeans in the evening. I have no problem dressing up a bit for formal nights but was wondering about everything else. We have out tours booked and plan on bringing a lightweight day pack for sweaters, water and purse stuff. Looking forward to it!

We are boarding on June 10th as well. Jeans are fine in the evening around the ship (at least they were when we were on the Divina in the Caribbean). They were everywhere.

Don't forget the "White night" )which i love!!

We go with the Divina on the 20. September

Claudia

We have out tours booked and plan on bringing a lightweight day pack for sweaters, water and purse stuff.

Not sure you will need sweaters in June in the Med, unless "sweaters" doesn't mean something to wear when it is cold? Might be a difference in USA/UK :)

Jeans? Blue denim? Frowned upon in the MDRs on our last cruises. Most people were smartly dressed although I didn't see anyone wearing a tux!

Not sure you will need sweaters in June in the Med, unless "sweaters" doesn't mean something to wear when it is cold? Might be a difference in USA/UK :)

Jeans? Blue denim? Frowned upon in the MDRs on our last cruises. Most people were smartly dressed although I didn't see anyone wearing a tux!

Agree. Unless it is an awful summer in the Med, you don't need sweaters in the middle of June.

You'll see some in jeans on casual nights but and during the day, not so much on other nights.

I haven't seen you on our roll call yet. If you haven't secured any plans for Rome yet, we are sharing a private tour with another family and have 2 more seats left (total of 8 people max). It is an all day tour with tickets and private guides. If you're interested, let me know and I can give you all the details.

There were 2 formal nights and an Italian and 70-ies themed evening. I would say for dinner people dressed similarly as on any Caribbean cruise, nice cocktail dresses, pant suites, blazers and pants with or without a tie for men, very casually for the day.

Thank you so much for detailed information. Very much appreciated.

Did you get on the ship in Rome/Civitavecchia? If so, how long did that process take? What is the recommended time to arrive there?

Thank you again.

Thought I would jump in on this thread since I got a lot of help before leaving. Just got back from the Divina (May 23-May 30) out of Civitavecchia (Rome). We also booked the MSC Fly Cruise Hotel package that included airfare, hotel 2 nights post cruise, and all transfers (from airport to port, port to hotel, and hotel to airport). The embarkation process was ok. I think the recommended time was 2pm although due to the flight, although we were there at 10am due to the flight/transfer. The process started around 12:30pm (I think they took pity on us since we were there before they had everything set up ;)), but there were a number of people that came in around 11ish. Be prepared to have bar staff swarm on you trying to push any and all of the drink packages. The luggage drop off is in a separate room from the rest of the paperwork that you have to visit before they start since they will give you a group number that will determine when you check in (unless Yacht Club). It wasn't explained to us well, but I think that was due to our early arrival.

While we were not on a Med cruise, we were on the Divina last year in October, and it is a beautiful ship. We have a review on our blog about the ship that is worth taking a peek... We hadn't planned in advance to do a review, so it was more of an afterthought.. but enjoy the pics and review to get yourself ready for your cruise.... Blog address is below. :)

Thought I would jump in on this thread since I got a lot of help before leaving. Just got back from the Divina (May 23-May 30) out of Civitavecchia (Rome). We also booked the MSC Fly Cruise Hotel package that included airfare, hotel 2 nights post cruise, and all transfers (from airport to port, port to hotel, and hotel to airport).

Thank you so much. Very helpful info. :)

My review with more details should be published by now.

We took a train from Termini station in the early afternoon for 5 Euro/each since we flew to Rome the night before. Train journey is 1 hr-1.20 hr long, depending on the train. Walked along the sea front (10-15 min) and got to the port gates. Buses pick you up from there (actually 2 different buses, you have to get off with all your luggage and then line up for the different bus). Once at the terminal, everything was very quick, we got there around 3 pm and 30 min later we were in our cabins.

We are going in September with 2 toddlers. They are very picky eaters and I'm wondering if the food is different in the Mediterranean than Carribbean?

Did they have chicken nuggets, yogurt, grilled cheese, hot dogs? What type of fruit was there? Were there bananas or strawberries?

I also think I read that early dining is 6:45, is that correct?

If anyone going soon can find out some of the answers to my questions it wold be greatly appreciated!

Edited by tampagirl2