Miami information for Wonder cruise

rover11

My trip on the Dream was a success due to all the CC advice, thank you again.

My next cruise will be the Wonder out of Miami.

I will be flying into MIA the day before, staying overnight and cruising the next morning. If this were you, would you rent a car at the airport? is there a car rental near the port with a shuttle? Would you not get a car and do it all by shuttle? Have you done the same thing? Where did you stay.

thank you, Bill

There are too many unanswered questions here, Bill. First, where are you spending the night and does the hotel offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport? Next, how many of you are there? And does the hotel offer a shuttle (paid or complimentary) to the cruise port?

Taxi fares are regulated by law--flat fee from MIA to the cruise terminal. Verify on line, but it was either $22 or $24 per car load (regardless of number of people) and this included all the surcharges for airport/cruise terminal, tolls, etc. But that wouldn't apply from MIA to a hotel.

I would start by looking at hotels, either near the airport or the cruise terminal and see what they offer. Then decide what you want to do with your day--if you are coming in late and plan to sleep, that's different than arriving at 10 am and want to have a fun day.