Oceanview or Scenic Oceanview

sunset785

Looking at the Valor for my family of four (two young boys, DH, me)... What is the difference between these two rooms? What is the size difference? Is it worth $28 a day more for the scenic OV room? Thanks!

It's really up to you if it's worth the extra $28/day. I have not ever stepped foot on the Valor, but the difference seems to be what deck they are located on - deck 9 vice decks 1 or 2.

Here is a pic I pulled off the internet of room 9200. Nice view...

145331432336789_zpsera43d3s.jpg

145331432336789_zpsera43d3s.jpg.html

$28 more per day total, or per person? Per person, that is a lot of money. Quite honestly, even total, it adds up if you are on a 5-day or longer cruise. That would pay for your parking.

For me, I wouldn't do it. I've been very happy with standard ocean views.

The corner scenic OV rooms are 320 sq.ft, very large. The middle 4 scenic OV rooms are 230 sq.ft, so basically the same size as the standard 220 sq.ft. OV rooms. The windows of the scenic OV rooms are worlds better: floor to ceiling windows, plus they face the front of the ship. Amazing views!!!!! Well worth quite a bit extra. Many times, these rooms can end up more expensive than balconies, and people will still refuse to "upgrade" to a balcony out of these rooms, even if it would save them money.

That per person per day thing that Carnival's website does is so useless. All that matters is the total extra. Per person per day doesn't really tell the story. If you let us know the grand total extra, then we can tell you if we think that's too much or not for us personally.

We were able to upgrade from ocean view to grand scenic ocean view on the sunshine for $40 TOTAL. That room isn't advertised online... Thanks to a thread on here I called carnival and asked.. Online they all look sold out...larger windows and almost 100 sq ft more... Yep worth the $40...

Thanks all. It's a 7 day cruise so about $200 more and it's not the corner scenic OV. If it was quite a bit bigger than a standard OV then I would definitely be going for it but now I'm not so sure.