Jewel - Specialty dining

twokids0204

We had the UDP and got to eat free at all of them Our favorite was Teppanyaki, which was Japanese. The chef prepares the meal right in front of you. He was very entertaining and the food was great. Second choice was Cagney's Steak House. It was good but the service was slow. Third would be Le Bistro a French restaurant. Not as many choices on the menu as Cagney's, but the food was good.

We had the UDP and got to eat free at all of them Our favorite was Teppanyaki, which was Japanese. The chef prepares the meal right in front of you. He was very entertaining and the food was great. Second choice was Cagney's Steak House. It was good but the service was slow. Third would be Le Bistro a French restaurant. Not as many choices on the menu as Cagney's, but the food was good.

Cagney's and Teppanyaki are at the top of my list...

We have done a similar restaurant to Teppanyaki at Disney World (Teppan Edo). So my wife is thinking of trying something different. I'll definitely look into the menu at Le Bistro.

Did you try Moderno? How was that?

Sorry that I didn't read the whole post. I can't help you with the other part to your question. We don't have kids traveling with us, and no grandchildren. I think I read some where that they have to order off the adult menu, too. Though not sure about that.

Moderno is like a Brazilian Steak House. They bring meat on skewers around to the restaurant tables. You flip a card back and forth to let them know if you want more, or have had enough. There are all kinds of meat to try. There is a small self serve salad bar to fix your own salad. You can also order a couple side dishes with your meal. My wife and I didn't really like it. We weren't interested in trying some of the meats, and felt some were kind of dry and tough. Our son and daughter-in law enjoyed it so much they ate there twice. They go to the Brazilian Steak houses in the larger towns around here.

We do not have UDP either and we plan on hitting up only one of the specialty restaurants. Moderno. My reasoning is that we don't have a Brazilian Steakhouse anywhere near us. We have been to one before and we both enjoyed it, also, we are major meat eaters. We have several very good steakhouses and Japanese steakhouses in the area so I wasn't interested in paying extra for those. I thought about LeBistro for a bit but settled back on Moderno. I'll let you know what I think about it when we get back. We won't have our kids with us but I'll try to remember to check out the price for them.

We do not have UDP either and we plan on hitting up only one of the specialty restaurants. Moderno. My reasoning is that we don't have a Brazilian Steakhouse anywhere near us. We have been to one before and we both enjoyed it, also, we are major meat eaters. We have several very good steakhouses and Japanese steakhouses in the area so I wasn't interested in paying extra for those. I thought about LeBistro for a bit but settled back on Moderno. I'll let you know what I think about it when we get back. We won't have our kids with us but I'll try to remember to check out the price for them.

If you are a meat eater, then you will love Moderno. We were not disappointed and my son, who is a huge carnivore, thought he was in heaven. He even tried lamb! :eek: The salad bar is huge, but if you are like me, go easy on the salad bar so you can fill up on the meat.

I am not a true lover of Teppanyakis for the price. we have too many similar places on land that are priced similar and are better. That is just my personal opinion. I know a lot of people love it.

As for us: Modernos is our favorite (used to be Le Bistro) Le Bistro is second on our list. For real steak lovers Cagney's is great but we haven't had the best service there. Someone made a comment about the salad bar in Modernos, and referred to it as small: I certainly would not call it small and it is, in itsefl worth the cost of the meal. At least we think so.

Edited by newmexicoNita