Drinks Packages Questions First Timer

Minnie29

We are cruising for the first time next year on the Queen Elizabeth and are currently looking at the drinks packages on the Cunard website.

My husband and I like an occasional glass of wine or cocktail but we are not huge drinkers.

Can anyone explain what soft drinks are included in the cost of the cruise and what soft drinks packages and wine package anyone would recommend.

Also can anyone tell me if we book a wine or soft drinks package are these purely for the restaurants or can we drink them in the bars too.

Sorry if these are silly questions.

Thank you so much for any assistance

No soft drinks are included in the cruise price. You can get lemonade (not fizzy), ice tea, orange juice (in my estimation it is orange coloured water) and cranberry juice (I think) in the Lido at no extra cost (serve yourself). Coffee and tea are also available in the Lido.

The soft drink package includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, a Sprite-like drink and some juices (Orange, pineapple, tomato, and a couple more). It is about $7 per day and you have to buy it for your entire cruise. You can use the package in any of the bars and restaurants.

Sorry, can't help with the wine.

Edited by Scrapnana

We are cruising for the first time next year on the Queen Elizabeth and are currently looking at the drinks packages on the Cunard website.

My husband and I like an occasional glass of wine or cocktail but we are not huge drinkers.

Can anyone explain what soft drinks are included in the cost of the cruise and what soft drinks packages and wine package anyone would recommend.

Also can anyone tell me if we book a wine or soft drinks package are these purely for the restaurants or can we drink them in the bars too.

There's no advantage to booking /buying any packages before you board. Once you are on you can speak to one of the bartenders regarding the soda package and one of the sommeliers about the wine packages. Basically you can buy several different packs of their choice of wines which you can consume in the restaurants. You get a book of tickets and assuming that you are happy with their selection you save about 15% on the normal cost. Of course there are wines of mixed styles, some of which are better than others but you only get one of each. I've bought them in the past but don't do so currently.

The soft drink package includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, a Sprite-like drink and some juices (Orange, pineapple, tomato, and a couple more).

Did that change recently?

According to their website the "soft drinks package includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, Soda, Tonic Water (from the soda gun only) & fruit juices (Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato & Cranberry) for $6.50 a day (+15% gratuity charge). You can purchase this package once on board and the package is for the duration of your cruise"

I still can't wrap my head around the limitations (all soft drinks cost the same... why exclud 1/2 from the package? yes, profit... I understand that but...) and if Lemonade is not included in the package there really is no reason for me to get it. With only Pepsi being part of the package I already doubt it's worth it for DH (who enjoys Ginger Ale and Ginger Beer, both listed as soft drinks on the bar menu but obviously not included in the package).

Just to pick up on one of your questions ; You can use the soda drink package in either the restaurant or any of the public rooms or bars. However, wine packages are for the use in the restaurant. ( you can also arrange to use a 'coupon' from your wine package in any of the alternative dining venues, but you must arranged this with your sommelier in advance for your wine to be delivered to the alternative restaurant of your choice.

In my experience it's not been possible to use the coupons from a wine package in any of the public rooms/bars , however, in bars you may find it more economical to purchase wine by the bottle. The bar staff are happy to reserved any part used bottle for your next visit.

Edited by Bell Boy