Island Princess 514

lrockwitt

Anyone stayed in Cabin e514 on the Island Princess? Your thoughts? Completely obstructed?

As I mention on my website the Coral and Island do not have the nicest view from the obstructed view cabins. I have not seen any info about the Island renovation/upgrading so have no idea if there any chances for these cabins.

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510

Is it weird staying in one of these obstructed cabins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't stayed in that specific cabin, but I have had obstructed view cabins (although not quite that obstructed) and didn't find it weird. Some of them I wouldn't care for -- the ones that look directly into tenders, for example (check out E523) -- that would be a little creepy; I'd keep watching for someone to be coming down those stairs . . . ! But I don't think E514 is a "weird" view, just not a good view. At least there's light and you can see sky.

I think obstructed-view cabins can be a great value; the key lies in using Renmar's fabulous site to pick out the best view you can. And then mark your choice "do not upgrade" lest you get moved to a worse view!