Jewel ~ S. Caribbean and Panama Canal ~ April 25th & May 2nd ~ My Diary

I don't know' date=' but I am certainly looking forward to the Indy. It will be here before we know it.[/size']

I'm looking for the Indy too!

I wish we could go before that, but we can't, plus we are trying to go up MA: I miss my kids and need to see them!ImageUploadedByForums1433719632.015511.jpg.76086aaf6f9eb450c909881d929d61ba.jpg

Hello Jane, I absolutely love your reviews and this one was no exception.

Happy 30th Anniversary love love the picture of you both on your honeymoon on Song of America. :D

All of a sudden I feel the need to go look at my SXM and ST photos . I vaguely remember the white chopper...

Jane, looks like our cruise is almost over. :(

Attessa IV was docked when we were there in February. The Helicopter was wrapped up like it is in Jane's picture.

The Attessa IV is owned by Dennis Washington and he rebuilds older yachts instead of building himself a new one. Helicopter and all!

Lou

Here is our picture of her in St. Maarten on 2-26-2015 - her helicopter was wrapped up on that day too. We googled her and she had been in Charleston, SC (not far from us) in Oct. 2014. Cool information about Dennis Washington.

I showed my 3 1/2 year old triplet grandsons picture of the Yacht and also big cruise ships (Eclipse and Regal Princess along with Freedom) and they wanted the big ship not the one with the helicopter.

We had lunch in the WJ' date=' then the packing began. That was how we spent most of our afternoon!

DSC08303_zpstp8zts6h.jpg

We had a beautiful sight as we were getting ready to leave. Very appropriate for the end of our trip!

DSC08276_zpsinekykp1.jpg

DSC08277_zpsqw6rvizs.jpg

DSC08278_zps079qg9kh.jpg

DSC08280_zps99xheino.jpg

Mr Ski and I are loving reliving the cruise through your diary. We are seeing things that we did not see on those days! So experiencing the ports twice! Lol.

However, we both laughed today wondering if you knew you were on vacation! Lol. You put a lot of time and effort into your pix and obviously your note taking!!! I made a comment today that you must have spent a lot of time taking notes and he said...."Duh....did you not see her writing in her notebook!".

Thank you so much for all of the great photos and memories!

We look forward to sailing with y'all again!

Edited by skiiergirl

We got into San Diego very early. What a beautiful port. We thought we might have a lot of wait time getting off the ship. We've heard of others having problems. We went to the Windjammer for breakfast this morning so we could eat a little faster than the MDR. That worked out well. Still had eggs to order! We grabbed a table with Skiergirl and Mr. Ski. Glad to be able to say good-bye to them.

DSC08304_zpsv90t5zvj.jpg

DSC08302_zpszuwteuul.jpg

We went back to our cabin and got all our stuff together and headed down to the Safari Lounge (Diamond Plus area for disembarking). Well the Lounge was still being used by immigration. They were still looking for people that had not presented themselves yet. Always the way!! So we grabbed a seat in the Schooner Bar. We actually did not have to wait too long. At 5 of 9 they called us to get off. Our scheduled time was 9:05. It was probably one of the easiest disembarkations we've ever had. We picked up our luggage (after a big long hug from Diego!!) and walked out the door......We didn't even have to show anybody our passports!

Our plan next was to get a taxi over to the car rental place at the airport.....which was right there at the port! We rented a car and drove up to Los Angeles to visit our very good cruise buddies who live there. There was a birthday involved! We spent the night with them' date=' then met up with cousins who live in Pasadena. We stayed with them for two days and we had wonderful visits with everyone. We flew home from Los Angeles the following Tuesday. It worked out great and I'm so glad we did that instead of flying home right away.

So once again....two fabulous cruises are in the books!! We had a marvelous time and met some very wonderful people, as we always do, but there seemed to be so many this time!! I hope that we can keep in touch and cruise with many of them in the future. I think we will!! As our cruise buddies in Los Angeles will tell you......don't tell us to come to visit......because we will!!!!!!

So as always.......we would like to offer a toast to all our cruise buddies.....past and present......It was a blast......and we hope to see you again on a future float. We'll be on the Independence in September.....but always looking for something in the meantime. In a couple of weeks we will celebrate our 30th anniversary. Our first cruise was spent on Song of America for our honeymoon, so I feel like we have been with Royal Caribbean for 30 years.

Here we are boarding that very first cruise. Little did we know that was the start of an addiction that many of us here on CC have. It's been a great 30 years and hopefully, before 30 more......we might join the Pinnacle Club!!! Stay tuned!!

Scan0011_zpsmii5ne2p.jpg

I think that picture cost $3.95!!!!

Cheers and Salud!! Until we see you again!!

DSC08285_zpstyg9l9i4.jpg

Love the Song of America pix. That was our very first ship/cruise on our honeymoon. Lol....wonder where our pix is? I'm not even sure we knew to go buy a picture! Lol.

We got into San Diego very early. What a beautiful port. We thought we might have a lot of wait time getting off the ship. We've heard of others having problems. We went to the Windjammer for breakfast this morning so we could eat a little faster than the MDR. That worked out well. Still had eggs to order! We grabbed a table with Skiergirl and Mr. Ski. Glad to be able to say good-bye to them.

DSC08304_zpsv90t5zvj.jpg

DSC08302_zpszuwteuul.jpg

We went back to our cabin and got all our stuff together and headed down to the Safari Lounge (Diamond Plus area for disembarking). Well the Lounge was still being used by immigration. They were still looking for people that had not presented themselves yet. Always the way!! So we grabbed a seat in the Schooner Bar. We actually did not have to wait too long. At 5 of 9 they called us to get off. Our scheduled time was 9:05. It was probably one of the easiest disembarkations we've ever had. We picked up our luggage (after a big long hug from Diego!!) and walked out the door......We didn't even have to show anybody our passports!

Our plan next was to get a taxi over to the car rental place at the airport.....which was right there at the port! We rented a car and drove up to Los Angeles to visit our very good cruise buddies who live there. There was a birthday involved! We spent the night with them' date=' then met up with cousins who live in Pasadena. We stayed with them for two days and we had wonderful visits with everyone. We flew home from Los Angeles the following Tuesday. It worked out great and I'm so glad we did that instead of flying home right away.

So once again....two fabulous cruises are in the books!! We had a marvelous time and met some very wonderful people, as we always do, but there seemed to be so many this time!! I hope that we can keep in touch and cruise with many of them in the future. I think we will!! As our cruise buddies in Los Angeles will tell you......don't tell us to come to visit......because we will!!!!!!

So as always.......we would like to offer a toast to all our cruise buddies.....past and present......It was a blast......and we hope to see you again on a future float. We'll be on the Independence in September.....but always looking for something in the meantime. In a couple of weeks we will celebrate our 30th anniversary. Our first cruise was spent on Song of America for our honeymoon, so I feel like we have been with Royal Caribbean for 30 years.

Here we are boarding that very first cruise. Little did we know that was the start of an addiction that many of us here on CC have. It's been a great 30 years and hopefully, before 30 more......we might join the Pinnacle Club!!! Stay tuned!!

Scan0011_zpsmii5ne2p.jpg

I think that picture cost $3.95!!!!

Cheers and Salud!! Until we see you again!!

DSC08285_zpstyg9l9i4.jpg

Loved the review as always.

Congratulations on your upcoming 30th Anniversary. Loved your boarding picture for your honeymoon cruise.

We ran into another former cruise buddy' date=' also named Kay. She won one of the prizes.

DSC_0777_zpsonprocsp.jpg

Such a sad sight while walking back to our cabin!

DSC08301_zps1vblvr1a.jpg

Those are ours!!

DSC08297_zpsodsuwxie.jpg

DSC_0779_zpsculznhow.jpg

All good things must come to an end. I set up a wake up call for the morning and we went to bed!

Love the picture of you with thumb down for your suitcases being in the hall for departure.

Mr Ski and I are loving reliving the cruise through your diary. We are seeing things that we did not see on those days! So experiencing the ports twice! Lol.

However, we both laughed today wondering if you knew you were on vacation! Lol. You put a lot of time and effort into your pix and obviously your note taking!!! I made a comment today that you must have spent a lot of time taking notes and he said...."Duh....did you not see her writing in her notebook!".

Thank you so much for all of the great photos and memories!

We look forward to sailing with y'all again!

LOL! I love writing in my journal. I am a morning person, so that's what I would do early in the mornings in the CL with my coffee. Most times I am in there by myself and it is so quiet and peaceful. I get most of it done before breakfast. But on this cruise.....the CL was like Grand Central Station early in the mornings. I would walk in very early and sweet Kay would yell at me....."You're late!" So I had to use part of my nap time for writing! It didn't take long. Oh.....and I'm on vacation all the time now, so cruising is my job!!

Great meeting and cruising with you guys, too. I'm going to go out with you guys and play a round of golf next time!!!!

Loved the review as always.

Congratulations on your upcoming 30th Anniversary. Loved your boarding picture for your honeymoon cruise.

Thank you! Those old pictures are so good for a laugh!! I'm glad we have it!

LOL! I love writing in my journal. I am a morning person' date=' so that's what I would do early in the mornings in the CL with my coffee. Most times I am in there by myself and it is so quiet and peaceful. I get most of it done before breakfast. But on this cruise.....the CL was like Grand Central Station early in the mornings. I would walk in very early and sweet Kay would yell at me....."You're late!" So I had to use part of my nap time for writing! It didn't take long. Oh.....and I'm on vacation all the time now, so cruising is my job!!

Great meeting and cruising with you guys, too. I'm going to go out with you guys and play a round of golf next time!!!![/size']

We will hold you to it! Would love to have you play! Hugs!

For those of us who only do ship tours, I felt this comment was a little insulting.

Lol! If you ever do an independent tour you will experience the difference and most likely agree with her! We didn't realize what a difference there is until we started booking some independent excursions!

Lol! If you ever do an independent tour you will experience the difference and most likely agree with her! We didn't realize what a difference there is until we started booking some independent excursions!

There are less tacky ways to say this. I don't appreciate being referred to as a "cow."

Jane, I love the thumbs down pose on your last night of the cruise. You could have not "said" it any better for all of us on our final night of any cruise.

Thank you for your review. I like how active your roll call was. I have yet to be part of a really active roll call. Maybe someday...:)

Jackie

There are less tacky ways to say this. I don't appreciate being referred to as a "cow."

As someone who has done both ship excursions and private excursions, I don't think that Jane was referring to people as cows. Rather, the fact that many people often feel as if they are "herded" in very large groups on some ship excursions rather than enjoying a small group private tour. I much prefer private excursions for that very reason.

As someone who has done both ship excursions and private excursions, I don't think that Jane was referring to people as cows. Rather, the fact that many people often feel as if they are "herded" in very large groups on some ship excursions rather than enjoying a small group private tour. I much prefer private excursions for that very reason.

yes......that's exactly what I meant. The ship's excursions have their place and are wonderful for some people.....especially the mobility challenged. I just don't particularly enjoy them. I like to research and find things to do that are off the beaten path. I have claustrophobia and have a really hard time with crowds. I find it very hard to deal wth those excursions for that reason. I DO get the feeling of being herded. I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone.

Edited by max'smom

Jane, I love the thumbs down pose on your last night of the cruise. You could have not "said" it any better for all of us on our final night of any cruise.

Thank you for your review. I like how active your roll call was. I have yet to be part of a really active roll call. Maybe someday...:)

Jackie

We sure did have an active roll call. Probably the most active that I have been involved with. It was fun chatting before the cruise and really nice meeting and spending time with everyone. Most of the roll calls I've been involved with have been nice but just not active.....the cruises were probably more port intensive. This cruise had something like 8 sea days, so it was great that we had all those activities planned.

Yes Jane we needed to keep busy didn't we! The relaxing was really nice since we all play cards, read, partake of a beverage, and could go to shows and such without worrying about getting up at 6 a.m. to do any excursion.

This time we did do all ships excursions in those ports we haven't been to. Once we know a country we feel ready to find those special places. By the way in Cabo, we did Captain Tony's for that fresh guacamole and then moved over to Solomon's Landing (directly across) for Calamari!

Lou

Another great review Jane. We were on the May 2nd sailing with you. Our first 14 night, it was great. Enjoyed the CL and meeting Diego.

Donna

Thanks, Donna! We met so many nice folks from California! I think the longer cruises are the best!