Are there cabins that hold 5 people on Freedom?

It will be our first time sailing with Royal and just wanted to know if there are cabins that sleep 5 people on the Freedom of the seas. If I have to get 2 cabins, it's going to cost quite a bit more than if I can just book one stateroom. Thanks!!

The "Family" catagory cabins will but you can't book them online you need to call RCI directly. Just make sure after you get the pricing you also consider pricing two connecting cabins.

FI family interior

FP family promenade

FO family ocean view

Edited by Ashland

The "Family" catagory cabins will but you can't book them online you need to call RCI directly. Just make sure after you get the pricing you also consider pricing two connecting cabins.

FI family interior

FP family promenade

FO family ocean view

The Freedom recently added just two PF cabins (Family Panoramic Ocean View cabins). These look amazing (see the link below for some photos). We have one booked for 2017.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186535

As previously mentioned, you have to call RCCL directly for availability and pricing on cabins that hold more than 4 people. They jack up the price of the first person A LOT, but with the BOGOHO "sale", the price of the 2nd person is half price. Even better, guests 3 through 6 in the same cabin are half off as well of a reduced rate. The price we paid for passengers 3 through 6 for our cruise was $279 Canadian each for a 6 day cruise in the PF category.

In the past we have actually found it cheaper to book 3 interior cabins over a family cabin to hold all of us, but with RCCL's price hikes the past year, this is no longer the case.

The Freedom recently added just two PF cabins (Family Panoramic Ocean View cabins). These look amazing (see the link below for some photos). We have one booked for 2017.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186535

As previously mentioned, you have to call RCCL directly for availability and pricing on cabins that hold more than 4 people. They jack up the price of the first person A LOT, but with the BOGOHO "sale", the price of the 2nd person is half price. Even better, guests 3 through 6 in the same cabin are half off as well of a reduced rate. The price we paid for passengers 3 through 6 for our cruise was $279 Canadian each for a 6 day cruise in the PF category.

In the past we have actually found it cheaper to book 3 interior cabins over a family cabin to hold all of us, but with RCCL's price hikes the past year, this is no longer the case.

Very nice...how lucky would it be to book these for less than the min. number of people...it can happen..it's happened to us twice last May and this September but on ROS....and not this amazing new FPOV.

Very nice...how lucky would it be to book these for less than the min. number of people...it can happen..it's happened to us twice last May and this September but on ROS....and not this amazing new FPOV.

It would be nice to have for less than the 5 people minimum required but that is very unlikely when we cruise (March and Christmas breaks). I can understand RCCL waiving the 5 person minimum close to sailing date if it is a time where there will not be as many children on board as when we travel. For our travel times, these cabins are often booked over a year in advance.

Actually, financially it is good for us to wedge 6 in the cabin since the cost of passengers 3 through 6 was under $300 Canadian each for the week. Much better than paying the $900 each they would have to pay for an inside cabin each if we got the kids there own cabin.

We had the family promenade on deck 7 and loved it! Lots of room. In addition to the main room where you had the normal bed and couch, there's another small room that has two bunks and it's own sliding door. Each of the bunks has it's on reading light. My mom and daughter slept there and loved it. In addition, there's a large walk-in closet that my husband and I would go in to get dressed. The couch folds out for a double bed. We had two windows overlooking the promenade. If we wanted to take showers at the same time my husband or I would go to the area adjacent to the exercise area. The showers there are large and clean. We'd book it again if we ever had 5 of us.