Golfing in Bermuda

Jarba

Planning on playing golf at Port Royal in Bermuda next week. They are running a cruise promotion, green fee, cart and club rental for $150 if you book directly through the course, much cheaper than booking through shore excursion. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions on best way to get to the course and the cost of getting there?

Bus passes right by there, but if you are taking your own clubs, a taxi is really the only choice. Taxi to Fairmount course was about 28.00, and that is about a mile further, so I'd guess about 24.00 each way.

terry

Planning on playing golf at Port Royal in Bermuda next week. They are running a cruise promotion, green fee, cart and club rental for $150 if you book directly through the course, much cheaper than booking through shore excursion. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions on best way to get to the course and the cost of getting there?

I don't understand I guess. NCL's offering the same thing for $159 and you want to pay $150 plus about $50 for cab fare? Can this be right? Sorry, just noticed that NCL make you pay the cab fare also. So $9 cheaper?

We booked through NCL and booked our own transportation. There were four of us so needed a van. The van was $60 each way plus tip. This was only $15pp per segment. There are plenty of cabs waiting on the pier. Most courses will call a cab for you at the end of your game. My DH prefers Riddels Bay to Port Royal.

I think we've played most of the courses on Bermuda.

Since the package the OP is booking directly through the golf course includes club rental, inexpensive bus transportation can be used because they presumably won't be taking clubs.

The #7 and #8 buses both go to Port Royal. Bus tokens cost $4.50 each, so total cost is $9 round trip.

Are clubs and transportation not included in the ships excursion?

In past years transportation was included. This year only golf. Our tee times were either changed or canceled. We had to change courses and contact company for transportation with new times and courses. DH wasn't happy, but I liked the new tee times.

The shore excursion doesn't include transportation and I will be renting clubs at the course, so the direct golf package is a much better deal. Does anyone know how long the bus ride is to the course? Would an hour be a sufficient amount of time to get there, check-in and hit a bucket of balls on the driving range?

The shore excursion doesn't include transportation and I will be renting clubs at the course, so the direct golf package is a much better deal. Does anyone know how long the bus ride is to the course? Would an hour be a sufficient amount of time to get there, check-in and hit a bucket of balls on the driving range?

I'd estimate the bus ride to be 20 minutes.

Here's a link to the bus schedules. The schedules you want to look at are Route 7 Hamilton - Dockyard and Route 8 Hamilton - Dockyard. The routes 7 & 8 schedules between Hamilton and Barnes Corner are for buses that don't serve Dockyard, so ignore them:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_20064_959_235551_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/department_of_public_transportation_2014/downloads/bus_schedule_april_2015.pdf