CC needing handicap cabin, same category or better

volmoma

If your booked in a handicap cabin and CC needs that cabin. It has to be of equal or better. If your on the Lido in a handicap, do they move you to a balcony??? No OV on the Lido, and really don't want to be on a lower floor. Never been booked in a handicap, and yes we did go thru CC on the phone to book... Just curious, we sail in August on the Sunshine..

When we booked there were only 4 inside or at least that's what our PVP told us. That's why I was thinking it would be a balcony.. If they moved you to a lower floor would it be of equal value??Hoping we get a call from the up sale fairy. LOL We love staying on the Lido, do they notify you if your cabin is changed?? I'm worrying about things that may never happen but that's me...this will be our 22nd cruise and it's never came into question before.

Edited by volmoma

you don't mention what category room on lido you are booked, but from your comments i infer that you have an interior accessible cabin...

you are correct, that they have to move you to the same CATEGORY or better - but that is the important word there. those lido accessible cabins would be considered 4G... you are also correct, that there are no oceanview cabins on lido. however, i believe carnival would consider any oceanview (that's a 6A, 6B, etc.) a better CATEGORY than the 4G, regardless of floor... so, i believe that they would be within their rights and ability to move you to a 6A on riviera deck and be within the terms of the HC room booking.

i've never heard of them going specifically by floor - but by category, and i would not expect a lido balcony. more likely, a higher category interior (on a higher deck) or even an oceanview.

you don't mention what category room on lido you are booked, but from your comments i infer that you have an interior accessible cabin...

you are correct, that they have to move you to the same CATEGORY or better - but that is the important word there. those lido accessible cabins would be considered 4G... you are also correct, that there are no oceanview cabins on lido. however, i believe carnival would consider any oceanview (that's a 6A, 6B, etc.) a better CATEGORY than the 4G, regardless of floor... so, i believe that they would be within their rights and ability to move you to a 6A on riviera deck and be within the terms of the HC room booking.

i've never heard of them going specifically by floor - but by category, and i would not expect a lido balcony. more likely, a higher category interior (on a higher deck) or even an oceanview.

agreed

I have a similar question. I just booked on Magic the last available Spa Interior cabin, which happens to be an Accessible cabin. I had no other choice on either Spa or Panorama Deck for another interior cabin, and I bought it specifically to get the spa access. I understand they can move me if the need the HA cabin, it was noticed online when I booked. That being said, if they do need to move me, and there are no Spa Interior cabins available, would they give me another type of cabin in the Spa Deck section?

I will keep checking to see if another Spa interior cabin becomes available, and will call to switch cabins if it does, but wondered how the Spa access would complicate the process.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you by any chance on the August 29th sailing of the sunshine? And is it an inside or an ocean view cabin?

No we're on the August 21st Sunshine...and we have an inside on the Lido..

I have a question why people are booking accessible cabins when they don't need them..... it's unfair to the disabled passengeers

At a certain point out from sail date the cruise line is legally able to sell the cabins to anyone. Would you expect the ship to sail with HA cabins available because no one wanted one?