need help finding waiter john from kentucky

That makes sense but realize they are typically on a ship for only one contract for 6-8 months and when they come back usually it is to a different ship.

Maybe yes, maybe no. If they have enough seniority they can choose where they're going to go.

On the Inspiration we've had the same waitress for at least 4 years and another waiter for at least three.

Last I heard he was on his much deserved break until mid-June. Then he was scheduled to be back on the Magic. We had him twice in the Your Time Dining room, November 2014 and January 2015. We returned April 2015 and he left on break the day we boarded. His co-workers told us he was coming back to the Magic. Hope this helps!

Two things- you'd really book a cruise just because of a waiter, and you really think he's going to remember John, someone he served several years ago, after coming in contact with tens of thousands of people since then? :confused:

LOL ok then. :p

Well I'll have your time dining on Magic in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see how great this guy is. :cool:

Two things- you'd really book a cruise just because of a waiter, and you really think he's going to remember John, someone he served several years ago, after coming in contact with tens of thousands of people since then? :confused:

LOL ok then. :p

Well I'll have your time dining on Magic in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see how great this guy is. :cool:

Wear your Sherlock hat, Kim!:D Take pics! Might be a hunt worthy of Bigfoot on these boards!:)

And whether or not you find him, or just miss him heading to the mens, have a great cruise. We need another GaPearl review to heat up our summer!:D

My thoughts exactly. I have never understood the "relationships" some believe they develop with cruise ship employees. :confused:

That said, all of us have favorites in the service industry in our everyday lives - but those are from repetitive contacts during long periods of time, not just from 7 days (or thereabouts) and several years ago (unless you fell overboard and he tossed you a buoy thus saving your life :)). Can't see booking/paying for a cruise on the oft chance that person might still be a server.

Sanuan (pronounce like "onion" with an "S") was our waiter in the Southern Lights Dining room on our Carnival Magic March 9 cruise.

He introduced himself as "John from Kentucky" the first evening as a joke.

He is a very personable and likeable fellow, a very good waiter, a good dancer as well during showtime at dinner.

DSC07189_zps3i6hwnvp.jpg

Edited by forwardcabin

Wear your Sherlock hat, Kim!:D Take pics! Might be a hunt worthy of Bigfoot on these boards!:)

And whether or not you find him, or just miss him heading to the mens, have a great cruise. We need another GaPearl review to heat up our summer!:D

I'll be on the lookout. lol Oh and the review is coming, don't worry! :D

My thoughts exactly. I have never understood the "relationships" some believe they develop with cruise ship employees. :confused:

That said, all of us have favorites in the service industry in our everyday lives - but those are from repetitive contacts during long periods of time, not just from 7 days (or thereabouts) and several years ago (unless you fell overboard and he tossed you a buoy thus saving your life :)). Can't see booking/paying for a cruise on the oft chance that person might still be a server.

Exactly! There's a big difference in saying tell xxxx hi, she's been my server at Cracker Barrel every Sunday after church for the last 2 years, and saying tell xxxx that xxxx said hi, he was my server 3 years ago for a few days, surely he'll remember me. I don't understand people doing that at all. There was a photographer that once remembered me. I took a lot of pictures with her on Imagination and saw her 5 months later on Inspiration where we took a ton more pictures. But I'd never expect a crew member to remember me solely by my very common first name years later.

I'm sure there are a lot of "John from Kentuckys" on the ship since the servers sometimes use a nickname because their real name is too hard to pronounce. I've heard a few maitre'ds say something like "I'm John from Mississippi" in a heavy Italian accent as a joke.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Sanuan (pronounce like "onion" with an "S") from Croatia, aka "John from Kentucky," is still on Carnival Magic.

On our most recent July 5 cruise, he was not our waiter this time but was working upstairs in the Southern Lights Dining Room.

We also found him in the Lido Restaurant during the day. He recently started another 8-month contract so he will be on Magic for at least the rest of 2015.

th_DSC07710_zps1je7kpmx.jpg

Edited by forwardcabin

UPDATE:

Sanuan (pronounce like "onion" with an "S") from Croatia, aka "John from Kentucky," is still on Carnival Magic.

On our most recent July 5 cruise, he was not our waiter this time but was working upstairs in the Southern Lights Dining Room.

We also found him in the Lido Restaurant during the day. He recently started another 8-month contract so he will be on Magic for at least the rest of 2015.

th_DSC07710_zps1je7kpmx.jpg

Good to know about John and this picture you took is one I haven't seen anyone attempt before. Very cool.

<a href=DSC07228_zps6ahvkjhw.jpg' alt='DSC07228_