Torn Between Cosol and Spencer Ambrose

tripster

Has anyone done the Full-day Tour with Cosol and/or Spencer Ambrose? I am having a hard time deciding between the two. If you have done both, did you prefer the Breakfast Buffet (multi local finger/snack foods) with Cosol or the Local Lunch supplied by Spencer Ambrose? Did you have better luck and a better time with one company over the other?

I am also trying to decide between the Land Tour and the Land, Sea & Beach Tour. From what I have read, it seems like the land tour offers more stops and photo opportunities (City Capital, Fishing Villages) and the combination one offers some nice photo opportunities from the water and a bit more beach time.

What did you like best about the tour that you went on?

Thank you in advance for whatever information that you can give me. I really need to decide and book soon! :confused:

My wife and I went on the Cosol tour in 2012.

Had a fabulous time. Most certainly the best tour that we have taken to date.

The sampling of local food and fruits was delicious. Lots of photo ops. The fresh bread and cheese on the return trip was a nice touch.

We are doing the same itinerary this fall on the Carnival Liberty, and my wife insists on doing Cosol Tours again.

You know what they say: "Happy wife, Happy life!". :D

We also took the Cosol tour in March 2013 and loved it! We felt like we got to see a good many of the attractions in St Lucia as well as given MANY photo opportunities! The brunch spread had plenty of food and later in the afternoon you will get another snack. Beer, rum punch, water, and soda is offered several times during the tour. We're returning on another cruise next March and I'm considering doing this tour again. The snorkeling in between the Pitons was an AMAZING experience!

We had a great time with Spencer Ambrose in April on the Land and Sea Tour. Instead of spending time riding on crooked roads we blasted along the coastline in a boat (oh yes). The lunch we had was good with local foods and his people were very nice. The trip back to Castries was very good as they dipped into coves and showed us where some celebrities lived. We spent time on Jalousie Beach and there was plenty of drinks (water, soft drinks, beer, and rum punch). Good luck.

RI

what happened RJRPAR? The boat seems crowded. I'm afraid the speedboat will be too rough for my wife with MS.

Speedboat is pretty rough. Spencer was running late on a very busy day and some passengers got into a shouting arch with spencer, just an unfortunate day for everyone. Spencer generally gets good reviews

Speedboat is pretty rough. Spencer was running late on a very busy day and some passengers got into a shouting arch with spencer, just an unfortunate day for everyone. Spencer generally gets good reviews

The ride on the speedboat is pretty exciting. I am 69 and my wife is 68 but we weren't that bothered. One lady on the front of the boat was scared to death so everybody let her get to the back of the boat and she was OK after that. Other than that everybody had a good time. I personally enjoyed the ride.

It always amazes me how people act anyway. Spencer gave us a time and location to be that morning. People were dragging in late and causing everybody problems. It is a complete disrespect for everyone else on the tour much less Spencer.

Ran into the same thing on the same cruise in St. Martin. We had a great tour going, stopped for lunch, and some folks just couldn't get back to the bus without being 20 minutes late. It cost us some fun on the next part of the excursion.

It amazes me how well the tour operators cope with it but I guess they have to maintain their image. But I guess I don't like people feeling entitled anyway.

I will say it again, we had a great time with Spencer and his people.

BRR

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I ended up booking the "Land, Sea & Beach Tour" with Spencer Ambrose. The reason for doing this was mainly because we have Land Tours booked on the two islands before this one, and the guys (my son and one of his best friends) decided that they want to experience something a little different, and thought that the speed boat would be a fun option. Another reason for choosing this tour, was that my son's friend also wanted to experience a true local Island Meal. This tour will also give us a little more time at each stop, especially the beach, which I hear has the best snorkeling that people have experienced in the Southern Caribbean. (We prefer to snorkel from the shore.)

If Cosol offered a speed boat option at least one-way, then we would have probably went with him. After all, he is still rated #1 on Trip Advisor and comes highly recommended here on Cruise Critic. But, having to do the van both ways, is what swayed the vote in Spencer's favor. Just hope that we don't miss out on too much by seeing some of the sites by sea instead of by land.

Well...

Here's to a great time in St. Lucia! Can't wait for our Southern Caribbean Cruise! :)

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I ended up booking the "Land, Sea & Beach Tour" with Spencer Ambrose. The reason for doing this was mainly because we have Land Tours booked on the two islands before this one, and the guys (my son and one of his best friends) decided that they want to experience something a little different, and thought that the speed boat would be a fun option. Another reason for choosing this tour, was that my son's friend also wanted to experience a true local Island Meal. This tour will also give us a little more time at each stop, especially the beach, which I hear has the best snorkeling that people have experienced in the Southern Caribbean. (We prefer to snorkel from the shore.)

If Cosol offered a speed boat option at least one-way, then we would have probably went with him. After all, he is still rated #1 on Trip Advisor and comes highly recommended here on Cruise Critic. But, having to do the van both ways, is what swayed the vote in Spencer's favor. Just hope that we don't miss out on too much by seeing some of the sites by sea instead of by land.

Well...

Here's to a great time in St. Lucia! Can't wait for our Southern Caribbean Cruise! :)

Hi tripster!

I just responded to you in another thread, but thought I would share this link as it may be helpful to anyone deciding between a Land or Boat tour.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46833369&posted=1#post46833369

Have a great trip!

• 1 month later...

I think you made a great choice! Spencer's tour was soooooo much fun! I get car sick so I much preferred a speedboat to a long car ride. Plus, the crew is just so much fun. Our speedboat was not very bumpy at all. At least, the one in St. Maarten was way, way more bumpy than this one.