Ideas for a unique gift for a Dr.???

Joby

Hi, does anyone have any ideas of a unique gift from St. Martin Iwe might bring home to a Doctor?

We don't want to spend over $20 or so and we won't have a lot of time for shopping.

If you can give specifics on where exactly to buy, that would save us some time just looking around.

I thought I would post this question on all of the ports we will stop at--hopefully I will get several ideas

Going back already?

How about a small art piece from the Greenwith Gallery, now located in the St. Rose Arcade, on Front Street?

A (hand painted?) bottle of Ma DouDou rum, available in most liquor stores along Front Street or in a Supermarket, like Sang's, across from Bobby's Marina?

gary

Hi Gary, I've been thinking about you. I thought about emailing you and telling you we were headed back your way, but wasn't sure if you would remember me.

We are going to spend our time with Joyce. We are only in port from noon--7 pm. Mom is so thrilled to see Joyce again as are both my sister and myself. This trip we are going to try to slow down a bit, look around some, hit the beach of course, etc.

We are again looking for our Dr. a "neat something". Last trip we found a flamingo tie and it was perfect for him. He loved it! This trip we are searching again for a "something". We just don't know what yet.

Tell me more about the rum. We didn't get to the Greenwith Gallery last time. What might I find there and price ranges?

Glad you remembered about our last trip. Will you be there October 24?

Joby,

You could pick up a bottle of Guavaberry Liqueur at the Guavaberry Emporium on Front St. or at the pier. You can sample it at the store. If you drink it "straight" -- it isn't very good but it is delicious in a guavaberry colada and is a unique gift from St. Martin (it comes with a small recipe book attached). They also have gift packs of hats or T-shirts with a bottle and also have collections of hot sauce, etc. They make great gifts and it's fun to visit the store!

You can check it out here:

http://www.guavaberry.com/

Enjoy!

Tell me more about the rum. We didn't get to the Greenwith Gallery last time. What might I find there and price ranges?

Glad you remembered about our last trip. Will you be there October 24?

I'm not sure where the rum is made, but there is a little shop on the French side (near the Pinel Ferry) that flavors the rum and produces some hand-painted bottles. There is a picture of an assortment of bottles at Ray Mann's SXM site.

The Greenwith Gallery is just that, an art gallery, with a range of local and caribbean produced items that range in price and substance from several dollars to thousands, and from wood carvings to pottery to glass to multi-media to framed art pieces.

The 24th will be our first day back home. Maybe next year?

gary

Gary, sorry we will miss you guys. It was fun meeting you after chatting on this board. You're tips are always right on the button. You know your St. Martin "stuff". Joyce is a gem of a person and a friend now too. We just love her! She was especially good with Mom and Mom just loved her too.

We are now on the hunt for a great red wine (see my post below). Any suggestions?

Archived