Dinner Options on the Sunshine

angco1962

For $15, JiJi's is probably the best deal on the ship for specialty restaurants. In the same room as the buffet you also have the 24 hour pizzeria and the Deli.

while I know you were asking about dinner, during breakfast and lunch time, in the Havana Club they make little Cuban snacks as well. Absolutely wonderful and many people did not realize it was there.

Edited by Out to sea!

Yes. Alot of options. JiJi Asian Kitchen. Cucina de Capitano. Bonsai Sushi and the 555 Steakhouse. Also th Buffet.

And the first three are very good. On their recent sisters cruise, DW and SIL ate dinner at each these places (Cucina twice), only hitting the MDR on Elegant nights and what ever night the Grand Mariner soufflé was served.

Not to mention the Deli and Blue Iguana Cantina. This ship has a ton of food options.

Unfortunately, the Blue Iguana, like Guys, closes early so one would need to eat dinner before 6 to utilize those options for dinner.

Edited by Out to sea!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We are sailing on the Sunshine on July 10. I was told by a Carnival reservations agent that all dining was included, with the exception of the Steakhouse and the Italian restaurant (although the pizza is free).

Can someone please clarify this? I'm confused. And I also asked the agent where I could find the info on what is included and what is a fee, regarding food. She had no answer, except for the above.

Thanks for your input.

Debbie

Hello,

We are sailing on the Sunshine on July 10. I was told by a Carnival reservations agent that all dining was included, with the exception of the Steakhouse and the Italian restaurant (although the pizza is free).

Can someone please clarify this? I'm confused. And I also asked the agent where I could find the info on what is included and what is a fee, regarding food. She had no answer, except for the above.

Thanks for your input.

Debbie

The list of optional dining for DINNERS (for a fee) is:

JiJi Asian Kitchen. Cucina de Capitano. Bonsai Sushi and the 555 Steakhouse.

There is also Chef's table for a fee.

Asian kitchen serves stir fry lunches no cost but dinner menu is WAY different and is for fee. Cucina often serves lunch items (and breakfast items) no charge but dinners are for fee.

Bonsai, 55 steakhouse and chef's table is always a fee.

MDR, Lido buffets, Blue Iguana, Guys burgers, and hot dog stand (if open) are free.

Although, in MDR you can get Steakhouse selections entrees for $20 each.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Go to carnival.com select ship and dining options and you can see what is fee, and what is free for more detailed information.

The list of optional dining for DINNERS (for a fee) is:

JiJi Asian Kitchen. Cucina de Capitano. Bonsai Sushi and the 555 Steakhouse.

There is also Chef's table for a fee.

Asian kitchen serves stir fry lunches no cost but dinner menu is WAY different and is for fee. Cucina often serves lunch items (and breakfast items) no charge but dinners are for fee.

Bonsai, 55 steakhouse and chef's table is always a fee.

MDR, Lido buffets, Blue Iguana, Guys burgers, and hot dog stand (if open) are free.

Although, in MDR you can get Steakhouse selections entrees for $20 each.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Go to carnival.com select ship and dining options and you can see what is fee, and what is free for more detailed information.

Thanks for the Information. thanks to everyone who posted.

I hear the fee for Jiji is $15pp. ditto for the Italian restaurant for dinner. $15pp, Steakhouse is $35pp but if it is as good as other Carnival steakhouses....worth it.

Sushi.....don't eat. don't know. Daughter loves it.

Hello,

Thanks for your input.

Debbie

Steakhouse = $35

Capitanos = $15

JiJi's = $15

Sushi place = varies

Some Room Service items = varies

Everything else is free.

Edited by Out to sea!

Anyone have lunch and dinner menus for Jiji's and Cucina?

The Mogolian Wok uses Jiji's area during lunch and Cucina's has a reduced menu (both are free). The surcharge is only for dinner when the fancy food comes out. ;)

Here is the dinner menu for Jiji's. The way it worked, we had 4 people and we (as a group) picked 3 apps and 3 entrees to eat. Then they would bring out 4 servings of everything we picked to share (such as 4 pot stickers....one for each person).

http://www.mommymusings.com/carnival-sunshine-ji-ji-asian-kitchen-menu/

Edited by Out to sea!

I was wondering when the American Table Menu will be rolled out on the Sunshine has anyone heard? I read another thread about the Amer. menu and it generally says 2016. Not sure if that means all ships Jan. 2016 or all ship by the end of Dec. 2016. The menu options look good from some that I have seen. We sail in Feb. 2016 and perhaps it will be rolled out by then.:D

Just got off the Sunshine and the dining options are fantastic. Italian and Asian were half empty in the evening, you won't have trouble getting in. MDR was also good every night we ate there. Loved the cruise. (Don't eat Guy's too much, I did once. Too high calories)

Just got off the Sunshine and the dining options are fantastic. Italian and Asian were half empty in the evening, you won't have trouble getting in. MDR was also good every night we ate there. Loved the cruise. (Don't eat Guy's too much, I did once. Too high calories)

Don't you know that cruise food has no calories? :cool: