Disney Wonder 6588 or 5136

bschwab

I've got both rooms held now. Anyone have any help on which is a better spot? There's about a 600.00 difference in price between the two.

It's really your call. 6588 is more mid-ship, close the laundry, but above Oceaneer's Club. 5136 has rooms above it and Animator's Palate below and is more aft.

For me, I'd probably go with 5136 (unless 6588 is the one that's $600 cheaper).

Just took a look at the deck plans and for myself, I'd choose 6588. Some folks really like the staterooms on Deck 5, but I find it a bit odd. If you have kids that will be going to the children's programming the Deck 5 room could be very convenient for you. Both rooms look great to me, so go with your gut. Or your budget. :D

Honestly, I'd go with the cheaper one. I can't explain a $600 difference and there is a lot I could do with that $600 other than rent the same room in a different location. The classic ships have all rooms basically the same from cat 10 and nicer. This is different than in the new ships where many cabins have unique features.

I'm one of those who loves 5 aft. The reason we love deck 5 is simple--with the kid areas taking up half of the deck, there is no reason for anyone who is not "living" on our hall to be running around, making noise, etc. The hallways tend to be more quiet than decks 6 and 7.

We've stayed in 6588 a number of times and it is directly across from the laundry. If you can deal with the noise (some people speak/laugh a little too loudly sometimes late into the evening) and the heat from the dryers in the hallway it's a great location.

We have stayed in 5136 and loved it! I much prefer deck 5 because of the limited rooms. Less (no) traffic in the halls. Easy access across the ship to get to the forward areas.

Also a plus for us was the "extra" bathrooms near the theater.

If you use the drink station a lot, it's just a quick lift up to 9 and there you are.