Upgrades & Room Assignments

texas greeneyes

I have been told that if you book a specific room you will have less or no chance of an upgrade. When I booked online through Carnival.com, I did NOT request a specific room, only a Cat 11.

I have been ASSIGNED a room number; I did not choose it. My question: Am I considered to have booked a specific room because a cabin number has been assigned, therefore I have less chance of an upgrade?

BTW, I know there is only one grade above mine, Cat 12. But I can still hope, right?

We are sailing on the Conquest 11/20/05. I am a first time cruiser. I do not know :confused: if I booked a guarantee or not. Is there any way for me to find out? (I just selected a Cat 11 at time of online booking.)

Thanks for all your help...youll see lots more questions posted from me as the sail date gets closer. 67 days...!

We are sailing on the Conquest 11/20/05. I am a first time cruiser. I do not know :confused: if I booked a guarantee or not. Is there any way for me to find out? (I just selected a Cat 11 at time of online booking.)

Thanks for all your help...youll see lots more questions posted from me as the sail date gets closer. 67 days...!

If you selected a Cat 11GUAR, then that is a guarantee... when you book, it lists the cabins that are available and then a "GUAR" category... if you selected the guarantee, that is what you have. How do you know your cabin assignment??? If you booked a guarantee, you would not have known at booking, you would need to find out by sneaking around on the Carnival site or if you have your documents already... You are going on a holiday, so they are probably close to sold out, and it would be rare that you would go from an 11 to a 12, but it could happen... just not exactly sure what you booked. I wouldn't worry too much about it, you have a cabin, and that's what matters! Have a great cruise!!!

when you pretend to pre order gifts for your cruise, does it show that same cabin number? and when did you book on the carnival site, because i thought that direct booking off the site has been down for a while. i tried to book online weeks ago and ended up having to call a pvp on their 1-800 number.

Here is a photo of a Cat 12 with the sofa bed open (you can see the corner of the bed in the lower right of the photo).

http://community.webshots.com/photo/354710624/354722476nusyvG

For three of you, in a Cat 11 you may have more room then this because the sofa is made up into a single bed not a double like the Cat 12.

Archived