Gratuity increase 6/1/15

I know this has been discussed before, but I thought I would pass along the e-mail I received from RCI. It is not a great savings, but if you have a large group it can save a bit of money:

We wanted to notify you of an update to our daily service charges. As of June 1, 2015, Royal Caribbean will be adjusting the automatic daily service charge from $12.00 to $12.95 per day for regular staterooms and $14.25 to $15.95 per day for suite. This service charge is shared by dining & culinary services personnel, stateroom attendants and other housekeeping and guest services personnel.

In order to have the prepaid gratuities at the current rate of $12.00 per day, per guest in standard accommodations, and $14.25 per day, per suite guest, please ensure you have added the prepaid gratuities to your existing booking no later than May 31, 2015. Kindly note, the prepaid gratuities simply must be added, it is not necessary for the final payment to have been made or for a payment of the prepaid gratuities to have been made on the booking. For further assistance please contact our Reservations Department at 1-800-327-6700 between the hours of 7:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, Saturday and Sunday. An agent will be happy to assist you.

I know this has been discussed before, but I thought I would pass along the e-mail I received from RCI. It is not a great savings, but if you have a large group it can save a bit of money:

We wanted to notify you of an update to our daily service charges. As of June 1, 2015, Royal Caribbean will be adjusting the automatic daily service charge from $12.00 to $12.95 per day for regular staterooms and $14.25 to $15.95 per day for suite. This service charge is shared by dining & culinary services personnel, stateroom attendants and other housekeeping and guest services personnel.

In order to have the prepaid gratuities at the current rate of $12.00 per day, per guest in standard accommodations, and $14.25 per day, per suite guest, please ensure you have added the prepaid gratuities to your existing booking no later than May 31, 2015. Kindly note, the prepaid gratuities simply must be added, it is not necessary for the final payment to have been made or for a payment of the prepaid gratuities to have been made on the booking. For further assistance please contact our Reservations Department at 1-800-327-6700 between the hours of 7:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, Saturday and Sunday. An agent will be happy to assist you.

Done!!!! I remembered my email and called RCI to add prepaid gratuities to lock in my 12.00/day for a cruise we are taking in 2016. And yes they did :D I told all the others in my party (7 cabins) and they too locked in at current rate..It never hurts to send out reminders;)

Our gratuities were added to our cruise the day & booked and chose MTD a year ago Feb. Normally we would go main dining but DH wasn't sure he wanted to go so soon after our big Australia trip so the daughter & I were going then he changes his mind and it might have been to late to change back to Main.

Thank you for the update on the gratuity.

Has anyone found a walking tour of old town, Gamla Stan, in Stockholm? It is summer solstice weekend, and it seems that most tours are not being conducted by locals. We have been to Stockholm and I think The Vasa Museum is not to be missed.