Crowne Plaza Ft. Lauderdale

Joby

I have another hotel question :)

We need a 1 night pre-cruise hotel in February. We hope to walk to eat dinner (fast food is ok) and get some wine for the ship.

I just found-- Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale (State Road 84)) for $170 including all taxes and fees. It has a free shuttle to/from FLL.

I also have-- Sleep Inn (SE 5th St. Dania Beach) for $135 inc. all taxes/fees. It has free shuttle to/from FLL and a free breakfast.

The other I have is-- Best Western (Stirling Road Dania Beach) for $158 inc. all taxes/fees. It has free shuttle to/from FLL and a free breakfast.

Is the Crowne Plaza any better located than the other two? Which might be the better value for our needs?

The Crowne Plaza would be the nicest of the 3, and you can see the port from the pool deck, and you are right across the road from the port. Not much in the way of eating or shopping right within easy walk (there is a pizza or Italian place up the block that gets good reviews). The Harbor Shops area is an easy cab ride away though.

The Best Western is walkable from the Oakwood Plaza, although maybe not an easy walk back after shopping, but a cab ride would be short.

Sleep Inn gets good reviews for a basic hotel, and there is some limited shopping and eating options nearby. Would be my personal third choice of these three.

I haven't stayed at the other 2, but the Crowne Plaza is nice and VERY close to the port. We stayed there 3 times.

There is a sundry shop to purchase wine and they have an inhouse restaurant for breakfast and dinner.

Check LMT Club to see if you can book the Crowne Plaza for a lower rate.

Thanks for the info, DanJ and Isa65.

Isa65--the price I posted is from LMTClub, that's as low as I have found for all 3 hotels I have listed. I'm just trying to see what the best combination of location/amenities are to price for us.

I've looked at that hotel as an option quite a few times, but never end up booking it because there seems to be almost no restaurants and stores to pick up wine/liquor and last minute items within walking distance. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I've looked at that hotel as an option quite a few times, but never end up booking it because there seems to be almost no restaurants and stores to pick up wine/liquor and last minute items within walking distance. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If I had a lot of day and the evening after arrival, I would want to stay closer to everything. We begin our vacations at arrival. Not when we board our cruise ship.;)

If you're only in town the evening prior to embarkation, this hotel is fine. There is a sundry store inside the hotel for wine, water and last minute items.

Anthony's coal fired pizza is right around the corner and inside the hotel there is Kiki's restaurant.

The rooms are modern and very very clean.