Adventure Ocean number limits?

Hi all. Will be a first time RCI cruiser on VOTS next January and I have 2 kids that will each be in Explorers and Voyagers.

Was reading a review on here that said that there was a limit of 50 kids max for each age grouping. Is this about right? If so, do you only get one entry to AO per day so that everyone might get a chance? Of course there will be lots of kids, I'm expecting that it's school holidays. Just wondering how it's all managed.

Another review said that the cruise to NZ January 2015, there were 1200 kids on board.

I have not cruised with my kids before, so kids club is all new to me.

cheers

We were on NAV in February and there are limits but they were never met in our cruise.

For the 6-8 and 9-11 groups, the counselors had a limit of 30 kids each. This was raised from 25 to 30 sometime earlier this year per the staff. In most cases, there were 2-3 counselors per session those rooms.

The most we saw on the sign up sheet was 75 at once and that was a night when both groups were combined into the same room (6-11 in the explorer room). The room had plenty of space and my kids didn't think it felt crowded.

The limits for the room and counselors were lower for the aquanauts but can't remember what they were. I think it was more like 15 per counselor with a 30 kid limit to the room. I think we saw it get to 27 one time. My daughter loved it there!

Hi all. Will be a first time RCI cruiser on VOTS next January and I have 2 kids that will each be in Explorers and Voyagers.

Was reading a review on here that said that there was a limit of 50 kids max for each age grouping. Is this about right? If so, do you only get one entry to AO per day so that everyone might get a chance? Of course there will be lots of kids, I'm expecting that it's school holidays. Just wondering how it's all managed.

Another review said that the cruise to NZ January 2015, there were 1200 kids on board.

I have not cruised with my kids before, so kids club is all new to me.

cheers

I have never had an issue with getting DD into AO even on a sailing with over 1000 kids. They are used to high kid counts, especially during school holidays.

Edited by Spurschick