Seabourn Dress Codes

bcruiser

Hi Matt,

Sorry to jump in on this thread but, when did you move to Fla.? Also, I see that your next cruise begins in "OZ". We have lived in Queensland and spent many happy hours in Caines. Ask away if we can help. Our next adventure will be taking two granddaughters on a sailing yacht to the Greek Islands next summer and then a Christmas-New Years cruise on Celebrity roundtrip to Hawaii next winter. Say Hi to your mom for us.

Marianne! I'm glad you jumped in!!! I moved to Florida about two months ago due to a job offer. I'm loving it so far!! So can I tap you for info on "Caines"????

The Greek isles sound like a wonderful get-away for you and your grand-daughters!

I just got back on Friday from a Carnival cruise to Key West and Cozumel with a friend - let's just say - :rolleyes:

Say hi to Norm!

PS - when will you both be converting to Seabourn?? Mark my words - you will never want to sail another line after Seabourn!!! :)

Denyse - the music was really awesome and uplifting and it was nice to be cruising again, but Carnival is certainly not Seabourn - haha. I went into it expecting the worst so really it was not so bad in the end. Will I ever cruise them again? Probably not.

I am looking forward to next March. Can I assume you decided not to book the New Zealand to Singapore itinerary.

Hi Matt,

Actually, we're waitlisted for the 29-day segment, Auckland to Singapore. They sold out the A-guaranty months ago for the entire grand voyage, if you can believe it. Are you still doing the 15-day Cairnes to Singapore? My friends Julie and Chester (juicyju) are on your segment, and as you no doubt have read, they just returned from a superb time on the Spirit from Athens to Istanbul. They are wonderful people and you will really enjoy meeting them.

Please say hi to Marcella when you next see or speak with her. BTW, how are you liking Florida?

Denyse

Denyse - I am glad to hear you are waitlisted and still may be joining us! It would be great to cruise again with you!

Yes we are still booked on the Cairns - Singapore piece and I am now starting the arduous task of looking for the best air arrangements. (I thought the ORD - STT - LIS - ORD cruise air was a challenge ;)) What makes it even harder is that I am now in FL and Marcella is in WI.

I do love living in Florida, I have always wanted to live here, so when the opportunity arose I couldn't have been happier. I needed a change and this is a good one! :D

Hi Jane, this is the "other" Jane :) . That luggage service sounds great, but it's a little too $$$ for me, plus which they said they pick up the piece two weeks before your trip, and you don't get it back until two weeks after your trip. So, with the cost and the timing, I won't be able to do it. Nice that you can though!

Looking forward to meeting everyone in April, seems we're adding more cruisers by the day!

Jane :)

(Legend 4/9/06 - 4/23/06, Caribbean)

Matt,

If we don't clear the waitlist, we'll do the 21 day Legend sailing to Rome from FLL in April, although I know that several of the people whom I had hoped would be on that sailing are only doing the November crossing in 2006.

Denyse

SantaAna,CA:Breakfast & lunch in the Veranda Cafe is "first come, first served." For dinner, one should make reservations at the Purser's desk once you see what is on the menu for that day. It will be in the daily paper along with what will be served in the Restaurant. You can go to the Desk or call from your suite.

Marianne - I didn't think it was a typo - I thought perhaps you were trying to inflect an aussi accent in the way you typed it! :)

I am heading "down under" with my mom. We're looking forward not only to Australia, but to Indonesia and Singapore as well! Have you been to those destinations yet?

Kathryn,

How are either of you going to manage with just 15kg of luggage each? We never even manage with BAs 23kg and are always over. The trouble is you just don't know in advance what the weather is going to be like on a lot of cruises. When we went to Norway it was freezing and raining most of the time. All our (and everybody else's) warm weather clothes didn't get worn at all but the same itinerary 4 weeks previously the termperatures had been in the 80s all the time

Anyway the best of luck with your packing - you will have to let me know when we see you on the crossing how you manage to pack for 28 days with 15kg of luggage!

Shelagh.

Hi Shelagh, (sorry I misspelt your name in a previous post)

We are going to find packing an "experience" I think! Brian will be huffing and puffing and me saying "but I just have to take this!!" I agree it is normally hard to pack for a cruise with 23kg but 15!! Brian says we can do it so WE CAN DO IT!! If we smell when you meet us it is because we could not pack any toiletries, if you see any stains on our clothes PLEASE be kind and ignore them, it is probably the 4th or 5th time we have worn it!!

No, sorry, we "at the moment" are coming home for 9 days between the cruises so we have only to pack for 7 days (9 if you include 1 night each side in hotels) with 15KG (still quite a task methinks!!) We did not book the Malaga to Tenerife segment, although Brian wanted to and still keeps insisting we should have done.

Kathryn

We are staying in Santa Cruz, just for the one night and then only 3!!!!!!!!!!!! days in Fort Lauderdale, where am I going wrong???? We are staying near to Sawgrass as we can pass 3 days there in a trice! Has Larry discovered Buccastem, they are the WORLD'S best for seasickness (my opinion). Although still make you SLEEP.

Tony & Judith are joining us on the transatlantic, you may remember them from the Australia trip.

Kathryn

Archived