Dining in Barcelona

cctimmom

I was afraid of that... lol

I have done so much research for all of the other parts of this, I was just hoping for quick easy answers :D

Alas, I guess I can't take the easy way out...

A good Tapas restaurant is located on the corner of a large market about 100 yards east of the Cathedral Square, across the street from the Gothic area. The name of the restaurant was Cuines Santa Caterina.

We had dinner at ATN, which was located close to a Roman excavation of tombs just off Las Ramblas on Canuda Street. The restaurant was open, even though it was about early by Spanish dinner standards. We had a wonderful meal with great service. Separate checks were not a problem with a party of six and credit cards were accepted. The next day, we had dinner at small tapas restaurant near the Plaza Sant Just on Palma De Sant Just. That restaurant, Bodega LaPalma, was not modern like ATN, but small and rustic. The tapas were excellent, with large servings for very reasonable prices. I highly recommend both restaurants.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

Tourists eat rather early and the Natives DINE more toward midnight.

As stated above ,there are many good places to eat. It has been my experience that the later hours are by far the best chance of getting "authentic" local food. If someone in your party speaks " real " Spanish ,you will get much better service and food. If you like seafood, I recommend the PAELLA. Do NOT buy any FUNDADOR brandy. It is probably the worst you can get in a bottle with a label.

JMHO

SEA YA

AHOY SHIPMATES,

Something that you are not told on Cruise ships; In most of the European countries especially in the MED it is considered PROPER to check your bill thoroughly and to question any thing you do not understand or agree with. If done in a polite manner you will gain their respect. Remain calm , keep voice down, only one person speak, usually the eldest male in your party.

My first trip to the MED was in 1959 on an Aircraft carrier and have spent many pleasant years over there including 3 years in Naples with the NATO forces. ENJOY

SEA YA

If you have been to Barcelona, can you recommend places to eat and what you liked about it.

Thanks!

Just back from Barcelona and did the tapas Food Lover's Tour

http://foodlovertour.com/tapas-lover-tour/

Can't recommend it enough! It was so much fun and you got to try many different Catalan dishes and drinks. It is a small group tour (our group was 10) and you meet at Casa Mila (La Pedrera.) You will visit 3-4 different restaurants/bars. In fact, we were all having so much fun that our group made a few more stops together after the tour. Reserve ahead and pay deposit via Paypal. Communication between booking and tour was excellent. Many reviews on TA and I will write one soon as well. Enjoy!

Lilybob - was most of the food on the Tapas tour meat and seafood? I'm a vegetarian and afraid there wouldn't be much for me to eat on a tour like that.

If you go to Cuines Santa Caterina, you can order the tapas dishes that you want.

Lilybob - was most of the food on the Tapas tour meat and seafood? I'm a vegetarian and afraid there wouldn't be much for me to eat on a tour like that.

Though there were a few vegetarian options (cheese, artichokes, olives), it was more focused on meat, seafood, and wine.

I'm in Barcelona right now for a few days and enjoyed fantastic tapas last night at Cuitat Comtal on Passeig De Gracia at Placa Catalunya. It's a long wait for a table either indoor and outdoor but totally worth it. There were several vegetarian options, BTW.

Edited by Chloe1500