Carnival Live VIP

curious_st

Has anyone had the VIP Carnival Live experience? What exactly is included? I am just trying to figure out if the VIP tickets to the Heart concert on our upcoming cruise is worth the $100 up charge per ticket over the price of base tickets.

My husband and I bought the VIP tickets for the Journey concert on Splendor in March.

The meet and greet portion was a disappointment. They made it seem as if we would have a few seconds to at least say "hi" and shake their hands. NOPE! We were rushed up, barely had time to turn around and the picture was snapped. Both my husband and I were half turned and our eyes were closed in the picture. There was no "smile" or 1.2.3....just snap and move on.

We got excellent seats, just to the left of the stage, second row. The row in front of us only had 2 seats so we were practically front row. We butted up against the stage. BUT a few songs in, one of the security guards went out in the audience to the section behind the VIP's and brought two boys, about 6 and 8 years old, up to the front and stood them right in front of us. We let it go because they were children. Then a few songs later, he went back out and brought their parents. Stood them directly in front of us totally blocking our view.

I went to the security guard and said, "I paid $500.00 for these tickets and you are going to put someone who paid $120 in front of me"? So he told them to step back, which lasted about 10 seconds and they moved back in front of us. I have a neuromuscular disease and can't stand for long periods and I was already worn out. So we sat there with our view blocked and didn't get to enjoy the concert.

I think if it weren't for the people standing in front of us it would have been worth it. We could practically touch the lead singer.

The people who didn't buy VIP and got in line for the concert about 3 hours early got seats just behind us and didn't have to pay the price. It was worth it to us to not have to wait in the line, again if they had not put someone in front of us.

17 cruises on Carnival and I have never complained at guest services till this cruise.

Edited by N2Mischief

I did the VIP STYX CONCERT last year. I had a great time but the meet and greet was a but rushed. 2 quick photos with the band (one free, but you could purchase the second one), a lanyard which gave you admission to the first three rows of the theatre. Got some great photos of the band (no flash) uploadfromtaptalk1433225628965.jpg.0ab7d8c99d74fba5ba11b79cb2929386.jpg

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I was at STYX last Oct. did not get vip due to I didn't realize I could, then they were sold out. I heard the same thing about people who did get them, they said you were rushed. Because my excursion got back late. My husband and I got to the theater late, not many seats left.... We sat balcony and still could see great. It was a fantastic concert. ImageUploadedByForums1433239680.163592.jpg.e9c43f57b377a8b81b478dd8a9d765be.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1433239651.144482.jpg.2aed84744b3213e4a5db9b0e4cfce58e.jpg