long beach hotels with free shuttles?

bcs819

ANyone know of a good deal for a pre-cruise sleepover? Will be on the 9/25 Diamond out of Long Beach and would like to fly in the evening before and shuttle to the ship...

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"

Grand Princess - March 2003

Carnival Pride - June 2002

Carnival Victory - June 2001

TA spoke with Princess yesterday and she was assured that the ship is leaving Long Beach, not San Pedro. Maybe in September they switch back? Anyway, still need that hotel info for Long Beach...

Was on Diamond 3/27 and it left from San Pedro. We stayed at the Sheraton which is right across the street from the pier. For $149.00 you can get the drive and sail package. Nice room, bottle of wine, free parking in a secure covered lot, buffet breakfast the day of the cruise and transportation to and from the ship. The shuttle runs every 10 minutes or so starting at 10:00 a.m. so when we got off the ship at 8:45 a.m. we called the Sheraton and they sent someone right over. If you are not driving the room is $99 and it includes buffet and shuttle service!

We've been told that Princess is moving to Long Beach from San Pedro now that Carnival is the parent company. I was told this by an officer on the Island Princess. They will be sailing from the new Carnival set-up which is near the Queen Mary and the former home of the Spruce Goose.

The Sheraton in San Pedro will also offer this to Long Beach departures. So if you stay there and you don't see the ship in dock - go to long beach. There has been a lot of confusion about where it will be in the Fall. We stayed there and they had two shuttles - one to Long Beach and one to the pier at San Pedro.

We just came back on the Diamond on Saturday. We thought we were leaving from Long Beach but around 2 to 3 months ago were told we were going from San Pedro. I made a reservation at the Coast Long Beach Hotel--within walking distance of the Queen Mary and of the Carnival cruise terminal. At the time I made the reservation I thought we were leaving from Long Beach and they do offer a shuttle to the Carnival cruise terminal. Nice location--right on the water with nice running/walking paths. They also have a shuttle to Long Beach which was very nice. It was not very expensive and was a nice place to stay.

thanks for all of the info. We will be flying to LAX from Philly the night before the cruise (first class I am sooooooo excited icon_smile.gif) I found the Sheraton San Pedro thru AMEX for 89 a night so we will probably go with that. Thanks for the help!

Bill-

I have heard a few things about the Queen Mary but am not sure of any details. Please fill me i n as I have not booked anything yet...

Diamond Princess - September 2004

Bernie,

I'll have to do some checking. My sis in law who was on the Pride with us is visiting from Calif and lives near Long Beach so I asked her if she knew any good hotels. She said the Queen Mary. All I know is that it is right where you'd be boarding your ship. I'll report back after I do some checking.

Bill

1a.jpg

Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean cruise page

Thanks, Bill icon_smile.gif

Bill-

Our flight is getting in close to midnight and I don't plan on doing too much there other than waiting for my ship to come in icon_smile.gif I think we will stick with the Sheraton San Pedro-

Thanks

If, indeed, the San Pedro Sheraton will shuttle you to Long Beach, it's only a 15-20 minute drive over two bridges. Relax. Enjoy.

If you need further help, I live here in San Pedro. Please let me know.

Andrea

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;8;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Star Princess - 08/23/03 - Alaska

Archived