Vancouver hop on/hop off pricing--Quick Help please

When I started researching hop on/hop off tours in Vancouver all the major companies offered the 2nd day free if you purchased your tickets on line.

Was that just an off-season special? Went to book today and can't find that anything about it! Or, am I just doing something wrong?

I haven't been following the HOHOs this year so have no idea of specials they may have run earlier. I have checked the Vancouver Trolley's website and see that if you book a 2 day package they include admission to the Vancouver Lookout and the Art Gallery which combined have a value of some $36. So if you use these passes it effectively brings the cost of your 2nd day fare down to about $6, which strikes me as a pretty good deal. IMO the Vancouver Trolley is the better of all of them, they have live narration, were the pioneers of this business in Vancouver and operate year round.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took the Vancouver trolley today. Did 2 loops (city and Stanley Park) both very good with narration from live drivers. Price was 42 Canadian and 39 Cd if over 65. If you are from the states...do the math. I agree with Pdude do the trolley, fully covered, nice windows and on time, despite the masses here for the Women's soccer final today. Worth every cent

FYI, if the bus or trolley is full they may pass the stop and/or you have to wait for the next. Waited over 45 minutes for one HOHO bus, then when one did show up couldn't get on due to being full. Had to walk to Stanley Park. Later in the day at Granville Island there was a really long line of people waiting for the Trolley, not enough room or Trolley's for everyone. The bus called in for an extra for there over load issues.

Yes, overloads can happen on all HOHOs everywhere it seems and even the Vancouver Trolley with its excellent service is not immune to the problem at times. They do have extra trolleys out that act as floaters which will pick up overloads and occasionally that is still not enough particularly at peak times and more popular attractions. Unfortunately, I think we are all the same when we purchase a HOHO ticket we think we are buying a private tour and that is not going to happen at times.