We need a thread called "All things regarding formal dress"

CStorm

With all due respect, the CC search engine... what's the word I'm looking for?... Sucks.

Try to find the last post before you changed user names. It's darn near impossible.

Yes, but remember, you get what you pay for, and it's FREE:D

Yes, but remember, you get what you pay for, and it's FREE:D

That's why I use Google or Bing when I want to search CC. Both are free. Both deliver better results for my searches. So I agree with you. If you want to search CC, use another search tool.

I really meant this to be constructive and not rude in any way. I just think the search function is awful as I have tried to use it numerous times. There's so many questions about formal night, I thought it might be better to have everything in one spot for easy reading and finding.

Didn't mean to upset anyone,

Happy Sailing!

I really meant this to be constructive and not rude in any way. I just think the search function is awful as I have tried to use it numerous times. There's so many questions about formal night, I thought it might be better to have everything in one spot for easy reading and finding.

Didn't mean to upset anyone,

Happy Sailing!

The problem is that it will get so long no one will read it. I think hals website is clear. There are always folks try to get away with something.

The dress code topic seems to generate a very large number of views and posts. It's obvious that there is a lot of interest in this topic. Why would you consolidate this into a giant thread with a huge number of posts?

The most common complaint is that it's redundant. My advice to those who are tired of this topic is to skip it and move on to other issues.

The smoking sticky has probably succeeded in reducing the amount of activity and number of posts on this topic. If that's your goal, then it's a success. I guess I would rather err on the side of encouraging discussion, even if it covers familiar ground. A single thread with hundreds or thousands of posts creates a barrier for people to look at. I don't see this as progress.

If you don't care about the dress code--- move on. Why constrain others who want to discuss it????