FLL airport to Miami Hotel tranfers

gchamber

The later in the day that you arrive at FLL, the fewer options you will find for the 45-50+ minute drive. :(

During the morning/noon rush, when they are taking passengers to POM it should be easy to have a shared shuttle provider drop you at a downtown Miami hotel - check with SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board. Fares start at $15 per person each way.

Fewer shuttles, and at higher fares, make the trip to Miami later in the day. A taxi on the meter will run about $75+; private car service from Go Airport, John's Car service, and Larry's Limos will run about $90+tip.

You might consider staying in the FLL area and then taking a shuttle to POM the next day - www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info and many of the shuttles will pick up at local hotels.

Good luck! :)

i Was planning to take SAS or equivalent from FLL.

Our flight arrives at 1:15pm. Are we going to be paying more than 15$ per person?

What rate did SAS quote you? :confused: A 1:15 arrival, by the time you collect bags and find your shuttle means you'll leave FLL about 2:00 (assuming that your flight is on time! :eek:), which puts you at POM/Miami about 3:00 -- fine if you are checking into a hotel, but cutting it VERY CLOSE if you are trying to cruise that day.

I would also shop around among popular shuttle providers - check QLS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board.

What rate did SAS quote you? :confused: A 1:15 arrival, by the time you collect bags and find your shuttle means you'll leave FLL about 2:00 (assuming that your flight is on time! :eek:), which puts you at POM/Miami about 3:00 -- fine if you are checking into a hotel, but cutting it VERY CLOSE if you are trying to cruise that day.

I would also shop around among popular shuttle providers - check QLS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board.

I'm coming in day early so no problem with the cruise. I didn't call SAS but I'm assuming it will be $15 from reading previous posts on this forum?

The $15 fare is for prime time when they can put 10 or so in each van - the later you arrive the fewer customers available. SAS quits running in the afternoon (not sure when) and the rates for those who do make the Miami run go up (you may also need to wait for the van to fill with other passengers :(

Go ahead and make your reservation if you already have your flight booked and see what fare they offer - if it is more than you want to pay shop around with QLS, Go Airport and others.

Good luck! :)