Carnival problem passengers - is this typical ?

I saw a passenger being "arrested " on NCL last year, this can happen anywhere you have people! Add some alcohol to the mix and there you have it....I don't think this is typical though.

I've been on 10 Carnival cruises and only saw this once on my very first cruise a (3) day on the old Celebration. A large group traveling together...two f the guys in group got into it, security handled it quickly. Since that time I have never seen anyone out of line, I try to take at least a 5 day cruise or longer. Hope to see some of ya on the 7 day sept 19th sailing of the Fantasy.

Interesting. A recent thread on Celebrity was commenting on bad behavior there. The poster speculated that it was due to unlimited beverage packages. So it's not just Carnival. I've sailed on Carnival out of Charleston and Baltimore and both cruises were trouble free.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Funny you say this, I got to talking to one of the bar staff on a regular bases in the Atrium bar, were I would go to get my first drink a LIT before dinner. She was telling there are ports that the staff hate to be assigned to, but she said there was a waiting list for the port of Charleston...she said the cruisers from out of charleston were much more polite and easier to than any of the other ports(ships) she had worked on. I hope she is still there on my next Fantasy sailing.

Funny you say this, I got to talking to one of the bar staff on a regular bases in the Atrium bar, were I would go to get my first drink a LIT before dinner. She was telling there are ports that the staff hate to be assigned to, but she said there was a waiting list for the port of Charleston...she said the cruisers from out of charleston were much more polite and easier to than any of the other ports(ships) she had worked on. I hope she is still there on my next Fantasy sailing.

This is my experience also! We've only sailed out of Charleston once, but we found our fellow passengers to be some of the most courteous and low key individuals we have sailed with. There is no entitlement attitude. What's more, they are not afraid to correct their children. They may not be the most elegant dressers but they are very fine mannered people, in our opinion.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Those u tube things are grouped together. Next time, print in "horn battles" and have some fun:D

Here is the best horn battle. Thanks for the positive twist. I never have seen any bad behavior on any of my cruises on any ships/lines.

Only done a 4 on Carnival but never seen anything there, bit of rowdy behaviour but you can get that late at night anywhere.

I did witness one on a 7 night Allure Of The Seas though, late August last year :eek:.

Oh yeah, Condé Nast recently rated Carnival number one among ex-cons, gang members, drunks, cheaters, liars and anyone prone to brawling. You'll never find a more wretched boat of scum and villany.

I don't know how they collected their data but if it's Conde Nest you have to believe it. Im packing a prison shank for now on!!!

Oh yeah, Condé Nast recently rated Carnival number one among ex-cons, gang members, drunks, cheaters, liars and anyone prone to brawling. You'll never find a more wretched boat of scum and villany.

These are not the cruises you are looking for....

Avoid short cruises. Also, I would think twice before ever booking during spring break dates (March - mid-April). This, for me, applies to Carnival, Royal or Norwegian.

Perfect encapsulation of some outstanding advice.

I've seen plenty of drunk rapscallions on shorter cruises - but never a fight - though I'm sure they occur. Just never seen one.

...she said the cruisers from out of charleston were much more polite and easier to than any of the other ports(ships) she had worked on. I hope she is still there on my next Fantasy sailing.

I'd had crewmembers/bartenders tell me the exact same thing. Favorite crew ports are Charleston and Baltimore, "Nicer people," according to the staff. Michelle at the Alchemy Bar on the Pride just moved over from the Fantasy and would agree wholeheartedly with this.

Worst? Apparently Miami (no offense intended to anyone from Miami; but as people jet in from around the world to embark there...).

Sad that the Fantasy seems to be in it's last year.

Edited by SurferJoe57

I have never seen a fight on Carnival.

But I do see more rowdy / good old boy types on Carnival than elsewhere. That is not to say they are problematic; just usually loud, obnoxious but basically harmless.

I feel Royal Caribbean gets the international equivalent of same.

My absolute favorite post of all-time and a perfect indication of how totally absurd the internet can be and how gullible we have become...ie: if its on the internet it must be true.

One thing I have learned from this thread is that stereotyping is alive and well and that many people are convinced that anyone outside of their realm is capable of atrocious behavior but that money, economic status, social standing, old age, and an ivy league education ensures that someone is immune from crass behavior...but then all those types of people are members of the US political system so they wouldn't have time to cruise (and that's my little bit of stereotyping with a wink and a nod to the behavior of members of Congress both national, and state).

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

I'd had crewmembers/bartenders tell me the exact same thing. Favorite crew ports are Charleston and Baltimore, "Nicer people," according to the staff. Michelle at the Alchemy Bar on the Pride just moved over from the Fantasy and would agree wholeheartedly with this.

Worst? Apparently Miami (no offense intended to anyone from Miami; but as people jet in from around the world to embark there...).

Sad that the Fantasy seems to be in it's last year.

Based on the news from Baltimore, lately, I'm not sure that town is as full of exemplary people as this post would have us believe. As an x flight attendant I can assure everyone that location has nothing to do with behavior. Rude, obnoxious people reside everywhere. They cruise on every cruise line.

Based on the news from Baltimore, lately, I'm not sure that town is as full of exemplary people as this post would have us believe.

"Bawlmore" isn't as bad as the news sensationalizes. Cruises out of "Bawlmore" primarily attract folks from Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc.

I've sailed on RCCL, Carnival and NCL and have never seen any fist fights. Saw the rare argument, usually between a couple of very like minded, entitled people, i.e. "that's my chair!", etc... but that's about it.

Though I'll admit to being in the middle of a pretty shocking moment years ago. My partner and I were having drinks, surrounded by a bunch of folks in their 20's for the most part, with a smattering of what we assume were their parents in their 50's. Most were just having a good time. One kid, however, was being fast and loose with buying drinks for his buddies, all of whom were getting more and more drunk. Still, not a big deal. I'd been there at that age, so I didn't put much thought into it.

Things were getting louder and louder, and I noticed little baggies being handed around amongst quite a few in the group. The one kid I'd noticed earlier then sidled up to me and blatantly asked me if I wanted to buy some coke. I had to ask him what he said because I was pretty stunned. He asked me again, said I looked like I knew how to party. I said thanks but no thanks.

I casually walked over to the security guys that had been watching over them, told them what had happened. They walked into the middle of the crowd. The kids were so stupid, they kept drunkenly handing the little baggies of coke amongst them in full view. The party ended pretty quickly after that, with some meek comments of "unfair."

Next morning in port (don't recall which one), we saw the entire group sitting miserably on the dock, all their luggage around them.

This was on Royal Caribbean, FYI.