new info on $50 birthday coupon

chrismch

.....Also that when you contact Celebrity, depending upon the agent you get - or your ability to convince or argue your case - you can get different results!......

The coupon clearly states that to take advantage of the offer, you need to do 2 things :

1) print the coupon

and

2) either mail it in -OR- present it to your travel agent

(There is also a fax number in the fine print on bottom )

The phone number on the coupon is for making the booking, not redeeming the coupon.

Therefore, I have to assume that Celebrity has not trained any of their personell about the coupon, because they never expected anyone to call it in. ....hence your frustration when you call them about it.

After looking at our 'birthday offer' it does allow you to forward the offer to others by furnishing their name (first and last) and e-mail address and they too will be forwarded the coupon.
My TA and I both talked to Celebrity about this, we are going on a cruise in2 weeks for our 59th anniversary and a transatlantic for the big 60 next year. We got nowhere. Customer service sent us to the Captains Club, we are elite members, they told us it was all marketing. They claimed to know nothing about it. No telephone number for marketing. All said it was random and nothing we could do about it.

My TA and I both talked to Celebrity about this, we are going on a cruise in2 weeks for our 59th anniversary and a transatlantic for the big 60 next year. We got nowhere. Customer service sent us to the Captains Club, we are elite members, they told us it was all marketing. They claimed to know nothing about it. No telephone number for marketing. All said it was random and nothing we could do about it.

again... as I stated earlier .... this is not celebrity's fault that they know nothing about it when you call them.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, i just want to point out that this is not a mix up at celebrity (but rather it is your mix up)

see this post (which is in this thread) http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=4744692&postcount=51

Got a voicemail on my cell from Mary Jane of CC telling me thhe emailed anniversary coupon for $50 onboard credit bears "purchase cruise between 8/1 & 10/31" which mine has no such thing. I scanned & emailed to her telling her I am expecting the $50 on 11/20. Then I BCC my TA the email.

This is getting ridiculous!

3 days ago & my TA emailed me back that I get $50 onboard credit on Nov & May too!

wkoe, I'm not trying to dispute what you are saying about the certain coupon you are "quoting", however, apparently there are DIFFERENT coupons and some say one thing while some say something else. Some are b'day coupons, some anniversary coupons, some some are money off coupons, some are onboard credit coupons, some come by snail mail, some are emailed, and some people get the credit when they ask for it. Some don't. I would think that w/so many wondering about the various coupons and calling in to book, asking questions about their particular coupon, that the agents would have SOME idea of what types are out there after a while. If not, I'm sure they just go ask someone and find out about them. The coupon code would give them the info. they would need to determine the type of coupon and instruct the caller on it's use. I'm not saying they should all be experts, but it's clear some customers are getting different answers or advantages than others. Perhaps Celebrity should better inform their reservation agents and reps about the types of coupons that are out there. I work for a major dept. store and we have various types of coupons. Some have deadlines. Some are for different percentages off. Some are only good for sale items, etc. We are told about them and how to process them so we know what to do with them when someone presents one. Sometimes we are told NOT to GIVE a person a coupon or the discount for one when they don't actually HAVE the coupon. However, we realize the customer sometimes becomes upset if we say no. Therefore, more often than not, if a customer requests a coupon, most of us give it to them. It is better customer service to do so. I think that is why some have allowed to apply these Celebrity coupons although they already hold a reservation, or at least have been given credit for having one at times when they didn't get one. Since I don't work for Celebrity, I don't know this for sure. But people ARE having different experiences w/this for some reason. I'm sure the agents are doing the best they can.

I got a "birthday" coupon and my two adult sons did as well (presumably because we're all CC members and we all have fall birthdays). As luck would have it, we had just booked a family cruise about two weeks prior to receiving the coupons - but we took the advice of many on this board and completed and faxed in the coupons despite the date.

Two of us have had the coupons credited to our respective cabins on our upcoming cruise; however, Celebrity refuses to credit my other son's account because the cruise was booked prior to the coupon date. Does this make any sense to anyone? When I asked the CC rep with whom I spoke how they could accept two and reject the third, she had no explanation.

I've called my TA and asked her to cut through the corporate nonsense and get the third coupon credited.

Looks like I am one of the unlucky CC members that received neither a birthday nor anniversary coupon. I just booked a cruise and would love to get any sort of discount (wouldn't we all)!

If anyone happens to have one of those friends and family coupons and they do not have a friend or family member to give it to, I volunteer to be your friend! :)

You can e-mail me at laura underscore o at bellsouth dot net.

Laura

I am guessing with us getting an anniversary coupon in September, which matches us renewing vows on our 25th anniversary aboard Connie doing TA a year ago(first wedding was January '80). We went to an anniversary party also. So now it makes sense.

So I am guessing that when folks celebrate onboard something, they keep it on file to reward them on it later. Same with birthdays, since we have been cruising Celebrity/RCCL for 3 years & never got anything for birthdays (I am April, He is May) but in May on Summit in Alaska we celebrate both 4 days apart. So in May we will get the birthday coupon.

Don't think the coupons are related to celebrating anything onboard because we received coupons and never celebrated anything. I think it was simply a function of hitting a computer key to filter through stored info on CC passengers whose birthdays and/or anniversaries fell within specific dates.

This is our first cruise on Celebrity, and I received the Birthday Coupon (with no booking dates specified) in my e-mail.

I faxed the coupon to Celebrity, but I had booked our reservation through an online TA.

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to find out if the coupon has been credited to our account? I'm not going to lose any sleep about it if we don't get the credit, but I won't turn down free money either.

Thanks!

It was great to see the advice on this thread to go ahead and fax in the coupon, even though we had booked our cruise back in February. I did so last week, and received a faxed reply yesterday confirming that the $50 had been credited to our onboard account!

Enzo

I faxed my birthday coupon to Celebrity about 2 weeks ago. I called to check to see if the $50 onboard credit had been applied. It had not been. But all I had to do was provide my reservation number and the code from the coupon and I was immediately given the credit. My compliments to Celebrity's customer service. The call took less than 3 minutes, start to finish.

Archived