12 pack bottled water, $2.99 in FunShop

BigB0882

Yes, they should be able to sort it out over the phone. I would wait till Monday so the Fun Shop staff is in and have been advised of the issue, it will also allow for those pending reversals to process.

I didn't mean to imply that the charge was denied, just didn't finalize for whatever reason.

Sounds great, I hope this helps everyone else with the same issue. I hope they're ready for us Monday morning ;)

This was a smart move on Carnival's part. So many people were carrying on their own packs of water. I'm sure even at $2.95 Carnival is still making a profit over what it costs them. Maybe not a huge profit, per pack, but at thousands of packs ?

Even a small profit is better than no profit. Which is what Carnival gets when people bring their own on board.

Lol, my pending refund is gone too. Personally I think that someone at Carnival may have thought the same thing as we were thinking: that the price was a mistake. So they started reversing the charges. Now they realize that it's not a mistake so they canceled the reversal.

Sorry... I'm late to the after-party on this.

I ordered some last week for an upcoming November cruise. I didn't check to see if my order shows up anywhere on "My Cruise Manager | My Cruise Details" on Carnival's website. But I saved the email receipt.

Now I looked, and I don't see any order on "My Cruise Manager | My Cruise Details." Is that the right place to look? Is all of this back-&-forth on here why I can't find it now? Ugh...

To be honest, I now want to change my order. I ordered 2 12-packs for the 1st day of a 14-day B2B, and now I realize I should have staggered it a little bit...

Is this all going to straighten itself out on Monday? Is that what we're thinking, and I should just give it a day? (And then maybe cancel it -- IF it even shows up? And re-do it to stagger the 2 orders as I said, above?)

Thanks cruisers...

My pending refund is gone too. Do I know trust that on Monday I have water on the ship?!:cool:

My pending refund is still there, but so are my pending transactions. I'll wait until monday at least and see if it straightens itself out. Otherwise I'll give them a call. I don't want to re-order until at least all of those are done pending and they figure it out. I don't want to reorder and then end up with double my order.

Just ordered, usually not that big on bottled water but this deal spoke to me.

Order confirmed to be in my cabin upon embarkation with a total amount of $3.20 one one 12 pack.

$2.99 plus .21 cents tax for a Miami departure.

Sorry... I'm late to the after-party on this.

I ordered some last week for an upcoming November cruise. I didn't check to see if my order shows up anywhere on "My Cruise Manager | My Cruise Details" on Carnival's website. But I saved the email receipt.

Now I looked, and I don't see any order on "My Cruise Manager | My Cruise Details." Is that the right place to look? Is all of this back-&-forth on here why I can't find it now? Ugh...

To be honest, I now want to change my order. I ordered 2 12-packs for the 1st day of a 14-day B2B, and now I realize I should have staggered it a little bit...

Is this all going to straighten itself out on Monday? Is that what we're thinking, and I should just give it a day? (And then maybe cancel it -- IF it even shows up? And re-do it to stagger the 2 orders as I said, above?)

Thanks cruisers...

My understanding is that items purchased from the Fun Shops will not show up under your booking online. I guess the reason is that people sometimes purchase items for other people that they want to be a surprise. And the system isn't set up to recognize who is making the purchase. I was logged into my account, purchased water for my bookings, and it asked me if I wanted the recipient to receive an email. So I put in my email address and got emails that said "So and so (myself) has purchased x for you!" Lol, yeah, I know because made the purchase for myself!

the water is not listed anymore...

Um, I just ordered it. Still listed. Ordered 24 bottles for our January cruise.

Thanks to the OP for the tip. We normally just drink tap water, but on our last cruise, I had an issue with fluid retention. Decided to up my water intake to flush out my system.

Edited by txmom11
Adding something

Have it delivered the second day and there is no tax. I bought one 12 pack to be delivered on the first day and another to be delivered halfway through the cruise. I paid tax on the first order and none on the second. No state tax in the middle of the ocean.

Thanks. I will try this on my next order to see what happens

Hi Everyone,

I just heard back from our VP of Retail Sales.

We see sales processing correctly. However, there are a few isolated incidents where the sale appeared to go through but then hours later the charge was not authorized. Those guests should have receive email stating that the charge did not go through.

In any case, guests that show the charges were reversed or credited, will need to repurchase it.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. They will continue to monitor purchases to ensure they are processing correctly.

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks Mischelle. Now, can you do something about getting more Carnival Gift cards on the Verizon site?:D

My understanding is that items purchased from the Fun Shops will not show up under your booking online. I guess the reason is that people sometimes purchase items for other people that they want to be a surprise. And the system isn't set up to recognize who is making the purchase. I was logged into my account, purchased water for my bookings, and it asked me if I wanted the recipient to receive an email. So I put in my email address and got emails that said "So and so (myself) has purchased x for you!" Lol, yeah, I know because made the purchase for myself!

Oh great. Thanks bakersdozen. I appreciate the response. But now I have a double-order. How do I cancel one? Do I have to call?