E Mail access

elaine61

My TA was showing me the individual e mail addresses we have for this forthcoming trip which is very handy. But because we are doing 3 back to backs we have 3 different e mail addresses for each sector. Now whilst it's handy that you can pick them up in your cabin, I'm sure I've read somewhere on this board that it is quite an expensive way of doing it!! Can someone tell me if I am better off collecting my e mails by logging into the computers in connexions and going to my own individual account or using the cunard e mail addresses they have created for us???

Elaine

Elaine - $1.50 to read or send an e mail in your cabin, or $0.50 per minute in Connections. And you cannot write mail for free in Word then cut and paste because that is charged the same. QE2 was ideal as replies were delivered to your cabin in an envelope, so it was more like getting a letter through the post. Sadly this has changed now as well.

David.

David

Still not sure which is the best way to collect our e mails though. I know that the internet connection on P & O can be painfully slow at times (not complaining because I realise that it is a satellite connection), but you just sit there watching your money being chewed away!!!!! Is it the same on Cunard??

Elaine

Elaine,

I sent and received several e-mails directly from the interactive TV in my stateroom and found it to be easy, inexpensive, and the connection was very good. The only negative was a limit of 5 addresses to which any one e-mail could be sent at one time. I did not try connextions; I was satisfied with the connection through the TV.

Archived