Snorkel excursion in Georgetown

Smallfamily

Hi we are looking for a small group shore excursion for snorkeling preferable a catamaran. We have been to stingray city and would prefer to go somewhere else. Does anyone have a recommendation? Most of the companies on trip advisor are scuba only thx

We are just back from our cruise which included a stop and Grand Cayman and also wanted a snorkel only tour. Since there were 8 of us we just ended up booking a private excursion. It was great because we had total flexibility as to where we wanted to go and how long to stay at each stop. I had checked with about 10 operators including Fat Fish, EW Banks, Charter Cayman, Acquarius, 7 Seas Charters, and Capt. Crosby. Most of them included transportation to and from their boat but a few didn't so be sure to check if you go this route.

We ended up using 7 Seas Charters and had a great time. The funny thing was that we didn't plan on stopping at Stringray City but changed our minds the day we arrived since we had two newbies with us. The change was no problem for the Captain and he kept in mind our request for a short stop. We then went snorkeling at Coral Gardens very close by. It was with out a doubt the best snorkeling of our trip. Capt. Shaun was right in the water with us pointing things out and making sure everyone was OK. He uses this area frequently so the fish know it is dinner time when he's in the water. He gave many of us food for the fish so they were literally eating out of our hands. After we finished with snorkeling we headed to Starfish point. Who knew you could have so much fun playing with starfish for 30 minutes. The cost $650 for close to 5 hours and included transportation, water, soda, punch, sandwiches, and equipment. We also gave him a generous tip for making our day so much fun. Hope this helps...let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

It's just the two of us so private tour would be too pricey but I love the suggestion of Eden Rock. I only snorkel an hour or so and then I'm tired since I'm not a great swimmer but my husband would snorkel much longer. Is there somewhere shady I could sit and read a book or grab a snack and wifi so he wouldn't feel rushed to finish? Or could I float on a blow up raft near shore or would I be thrown into rocks?

It's just the two of us so private tour would be too pricey but I love the suggestion of Eden Rock. I only snorkel an hour or so and then I'm tired since I'm not a great swimmer but my husband would snorkel much longer. Is there somewhere shady I could sit and read a book or grab a snack and wifi so he wouldn't feel rushed to finish? Or could I float on a blow up raft near shore or would I be thrown into rocks?

There is a restaurant with outdoor seating nearby.

Then I would recommend going to Paradise Grill (just before Eden Rock Dive Center). Short easy walk from the tender dock. If you purchase drinks or food, they will let you have a table in the covered porch area and keep all your stuff there while you snorkel. There is decent snorkeling right at the shore (and they feed the tarpon there so that's cool too!!!) and your husband can snorkel out to Eden Rock (a bit of a swim but WELL worth it). You can rent gear and lockers there and they also have an outdoor shower and some beach chairs (although no real beach). We didn't need a locker since we decided to purchase some food and drinks. We ended up spending the entire day there and had a blast!!

• 4 weeks later...

So here's our update. We liked the paradise grill idea but their policy has changed you can't have a table to keep for day with food/drink purchase anymore. They have lockers (very tiny) and said eat or snorkel first pick one. So we walked down to the Eden rock dive center. We figured we would snorkel and then go eat wherever. It was super easy and reasonable to rent equipment. They had huge lockers for $5 and a bathroom, free wifi and outdoor shower. They have a few picnic tables and lounge chairs also. Thanks for the help it was perfect :)